f I have a 10vt with CIS, how do I fine tune the engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f I have a 10vt with CIS, how do I fine tune the engine

Sorry to ask such a newbe question but how it this done
I have a 80Q and decided on a 10vt motor (just bought the hole car/crashed)
I read that I can make pretty high HP number with this injection but how
I saw someone say I could make 280hp with a "very very fine tuned CIS system"
Is this possible and how do you do it
Looking to start the swap very soon and want to know if theres anything I can to to speed up the process
I'm doing this engine swap into my daily driver would it be relible with a CIS system and 280HP
Please someone let me know and thanks the advice
YOSH
Old 04-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Lane Shark

Default try also asking the I5 forum

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/i5/">https://forums.audiworld.com/i5/</a</li></ul>
Old 04-10-2005, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Start with the basics

Go someplace that talk about making sure you can run altered boost in the first place, here is one: www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/boost.html

Then you can browse the archives at either www.audifans.com or www.motorgeek.com for further info on high-level hp production. For the levels you seek, you will have to become quite familiar with the technology involved with providing fuel, ignition, and knock-sensing. There are no magic solutions, just like with normally-aspirated engines. Hard work and research will result in high horsepower combined with reliability. If you miss something, or neglect to take something into account, one or the other will be compromised.

My suggestion: Start slow. Install the MC into your car, and get it running well. With just healthy engine systems and a decent ecu code, you can run over 200 hp in these engines fairly easily. Those who have experienced this know that level can be quite a bit of fun in the lighter cars, such as yours.

When you have mastered that level, move on to higher capacity intercoolers, better ecu code, and modifications to the CIS to achieve your ultimate hp goals.

If you find that you have reached the limits of cis and need more, there are those running over 400 hp on various efi systems.