Cruise control repair questions. Is it possible to plug the vaccum lines to test?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:35 AM
OMP
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruise control repair questions. Is it possible to plug the vaccum lines to test?

Hi. I am going thru some actions on the 200 20V and this morning I went for the cruise control.

Cruise used to work just fine. One day, the crusie control rod end ( between pump and throtle), broke.
Replaced at the same time the car was in for a clutch kit change.

Since then, the Cruise hasn't work.
This morning I went for the pedal switches, as my thoughts were that in clucht replacement procedure, something was wrongly installed back. What I found is that both the pedal switches (clutch and brake), are in place and they seem ( I really don't what to look for except something real obvious), to be fine. However, because of the awkward position of the clutch pedal switch, the vacuum line was not going all the way into the switch. And another thing, is that this same clutch pedal switch, the tappet-like end plug was missing. The brake pedal did have it. It is the orange end tip. SO, I figured out that tha specific orange plug has to be there, and the clutch pedal didn't have it.

I decided then that I had to try something, so I put a screw in the vacuum line ( at the clutch vaccum line end) to be able to have it working the same way it should.

I went for a spin, and it still doesn't work.

So, my questions are. Could the clutch pedal switch be tested this way?
Does it absolutely needs to be in place with the end plug?

What should I look for in the position/ play of the switches and the pedals?

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Old 01-30-2011, 03:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, it needs to be there on the clutch. The purpose is to disengage the cruse when you depress the clutch pedal.

I'd suggest that you take it back to where you had the clutch changed?

If not, a volt meter (set to ohms) or a test light should tell you when it is adjusted correctly.

Hope that helps,

Ken