AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi 5000 / 200 / V8 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-5000-200-v8-discussion-27/)
-   -   How to Drill a hole in your Battery / Addition IV (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-5000-200-v8-discussion-27/how-drill-hole-your-battery-addition-iv-2190428/)

5000CDQturbo 11-23-2004 09:01 AM

How to Drill a hole in your Battery / Addition IV

If you have missed Additions I, II, III, they are in archives . ( during the last two weeks )

Okay well this story is coming to an end .... After fixing the gas tank and changing all the
diff seals, the Job (s) is just about over. This has taken more time than an engine change.
The nicely finished gas tank slipped easily into its old home. One inside CV joint came
apart during the removal of the diff. Oh that will be easy to put the 6 balls back in. After
an hour of inventing some great new swear words, I got it back together.
The wielding was very enjoyable ... I have the fullest respect for anyone who is a wielder.
This is going to make you laugh .... Last night I'm finishing the last job
underneath the car . It was a simple job ... 4 bolts that hold on the gas tank shield.
Three of the bolts where fine the last one broke off during removal. So I had the great
idea to drill from underneath and put a new bolt in that way ....ooops Drilled a new hole in
the bottom of the battery ... battery acid all over the place. ( this is always why you wear
safety glasses ) Tonight put a new air filter/ fuel filter / gas car up / and start it.

a list of what I consumed doing this job so far .....

- 27 pairs of rubber gloves ( lets play boarder patrol )
- 5 light bulbs
- 3 L of gear oil
- 3 rear diff seals
- 3 new brake line rear
- welded crack in manifold
- one cooking sheet to cover my Balls while wielding
- 1 can of ash fault spray
- broke one set safety glasses ( don't ask )
- two small bunjee cords , to replace the rubber donuts ..exhaust. ( temporary )
- one kit of fiberglass
- 1 container of CV grease.
- 1 container of Brake fluid.
- one big hammer ( thumb is getting better )
- one big welt on my head and one bent metal shelf ...
- one battery with a nice hold in it.

Black-Wolf 11-23-2004 09:55 AM

Sounds about right.. how much blood loss?

I have never had a major project succeed unless I lost a significant amount of blood.

5000CDQturbo 11-23-2004 09:59 AM

No blood loss just burns , scraps and bruzes ?

4Driver4 11-23-2004 05:18 PM

"one cooking sheet to cover my Balls while wielding" Nice! Way to work safe - lol

dans5ktq 11-23-2004 07:23 PM

I'm laughing cause I've been there, thanks for the laugh and GOOD JOB!!

ur20v 11-23-2004 10:18 PM

Re: How to Drill a hole in your Battery / Addition IV

Man, those crazy Canadians sure spell alot of words differently. Guess that's what you get when you use the metric system :)

TonyOldSchool 11-24-2004 06:16 AM

Almost as much fun as my boss had when he drilled a hole in his dash and caught the wiring harness!!

boxerfan 11-24-2004 07:14 AM

Now that is a BTDT!!! Great story... better perseverence. Well done.

5000CDQturbo 11-24-2004 09:15 AM

Re: Now that is a BTDT!!! Great story... better perseverence. Well done.

it was a hard job but I wasn't going to give up.... what does BTDT mean