Cabriolet parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabriolet parts

Finally sold my '95 Cab. Have some leftover parts, many new, some used but still good. Looking to find a home for them at a fair price. No profit motive here, just hope to recover a couple of bucks. If you make and offer, I'd like you to pay for the shipping. I'd pack it up and see what that will be and then finalize the deal. PM probably work best.
Starter - never used. Got myself thoroughly disliked at NAPA getting this. There are 4 different starters for the Cab, and I went through 3 getting the right one. This is unused because this is a warranty replacement for the first one that shattered the bendix gear. Instead of using it, I had the original rebuilt. You can see that this is a couple of hundred bucks originally. Shipping is going to be the issue here. Its not doing me any good so make an offer.
Top Motor - Hey, the Cab is no good if the top doesn't work. This was my backup. You shouldn't need the whole thing, and shipping would kill you. The critical item is the motor and maybe the reservoir (which I think you can still get). The motor itself cannot be bought new. Audi says you have to buy the whole assembly, to the tune of $2500. I'd be glad to take the motor off if that's all you want.
Oil pan - Upper and lower. You know what these cost and you're going to get a deal. Never got to the job. this was for a AAH engine, pre 12.94. Very early production '95 with essentially '94 parts. Needs to go.
Hardware - I let my son drive the car so repairs were per Bentley's. If it said replace the hardware, that's what happened. These are all Audi nuts and bolts. You know that nothing there was less than $1.80 each, not to mention the big strut nuts etc. The shiny ones on the upper left are the rear strut top nuts. They are shaped to center in the washer next to it and are lock nuts. Total B***** to get off and had to cut the originals. Two new front strut nuts there as well. The ones you need the special tool too tighten.
Strut - Speaking of struts, that's a new upper strut mount. That's a new belly pan screw there. A used front strut nut as well.
Cam Seals - Came in the head gasket kit. Didn't use them. I believe the small seals are a bunch of injector seals that you should replace when you take out the injectors.
Interior parts - The black & white plastic is the seat slide and the rubber is the stop bumper. If you seat is moving all over the place, you need these. The round disks and the bolts are the lower dash bolts and the hole covers.
Plastic - a couple of the fasteners that hold down the rubber around the headlights to the hood, some of those black fasteners that hold the trunk liner in place, and a new tip for the antenna.
Used items - The idle stabilization valve should be good. I replaced it but later found a bad plug wire. Idle problem solved. The starter switch should be good. This is an Audi replacement only a few years old. I replaced it a second time because of an electrical issue that I later tracked to a sticky relay. (Window relay.) The lower radiator temp sensor should be good as well. The replacement didn't change a D*** thing. Some nuts and bolts and the lower coolant bleed screw that is impossible to get out since the allen wrench rounds it out. What's interesting is that the new ones do not have the flat spot to allow it to bleed. A reference part of sorts. I replaced the oxygen sensors because I was throwing a code. Same problem after replacement. Crazy Russian said, "Go get a can of Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner." Code went away. That hurt because sensors are pricey.
OK, I think that's about it. Cam tool and crank pin avail as well. PM me! Hope you can get some benefit out of these items.
Bill
Attached Thumbnails Cabriolet parts-starter-1.jpg   Cabriolet parts-starter-2.jpg   Cabriolet parts-starter-receipt.jpg   Cabriolet parts-top-motor.jpg   Cabriolet parts-oil-pan.jpg  

Cabriolet parts-hardware.jpg   Cabriolet parts-strut.jpg   Cabriolet parts-cam-seals-injector-seals.jpg   Cabriolet parts-plastic.jpg   Cabriolet parts-used-items.jpg  

Last edited by hubturn; 01-24-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey do you still have the strut?