My 1994 90 cs. Stance state of mind

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1994 90 cs. Stance state of mind

I've had this car for about 2 weeks and i love it. It's got its fair share of resolvable issues, but that was expected for an 18 year old car with close to 200k miles. The car has no body damage, just some aged paint.

I have plenty of plans for this car, and like the status implies I've caught the stance bug pretty bad. my buddy got me into the low scene a few years ago, so now I'm going to do something about.

this is my one and only car. so its my daily-driver and my budget-build, so updates will be slow and gradual.

anyway, here are some pictures i've snapped so far (yes... i used instagram, cause it makes me cool)

first step in this build is lowering it. As of now i'll be buying some progressive lowering springs that will only drop it about 2 inches. if anyone could help me find coils that arent these that would be great. http://www.tunershop.com/Suspensions/Coilovers/KW_automotive/?TSID=c27f65c06d30dcba1a9066b0de72406e&hersteller= 3&modell=15 like i said, im on a budget... hell, i didnt even pay that much for the car. if anyone knows coils that will fit on my audi for something closer to 400-700 that would be awesome.

Every-time i step into my audi, i love it. proud to be a new member to the audi scene
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you are on a budget just go with new struts and springs. Coil overs are awsome but expensive. I lowered mine 2" and it looks great (at least I like it) it could always go lower lol. But you should be able to get springs and sport struts for about 600.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by judin85
If you are on a budget just go with new struts and springs. Coil overs are awsome but expensive. I lowered mine 2" and it looks great (at least I like it) it could always go lower lol. But you should be able to get springs and sport struts for about 600.
for now ill be ordering the springs probably next week. do you know of any good struts for a good price i can order online? thanks man
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you can get Koni or Bilstein, tirerack has them, you may want to search around to get a batter price
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Leadfoot Luke
for now ill be ordering the springs probably next week. do you know of any good struts for a good price i can order online? thanks man
Yea i did bilstein sports but any bilsteins will handle the lowered car better than stock.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Coilovers DIY

you could easily make your own coilovers for around your price, just search the forum and on youtube on how to fabricate them.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by judin85
Yea i did bilstein sports but any bilsteins will handle the lowered car better than stock.
Thanks, from the searching i've done it seems the bilstein are cheaper, so i'll probably go that route eventually, but i'll have to drive on the stock struts for a while before i can order them.

Originally Posted by clthornton90
you could easily make your own coilovers for around your price, just search the forum and on youtube on how to fabricate them.
i tried looking through the forums but nothing came up. if you know any good tutorials could you do me a solid and post the link? if i can make my own coils for a good price then i'll more than likely give that a go
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?t=26499

google search does wonders.

When were you going to complete the coilovers?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by clthornton90
http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?t=26499

google search does wonders.

When were you going to complete the coilovers?
thanks man, that seems really helpful. i haven't decided yet if i'll be making the coilovers or not yet, but i want to adjust my suspension by the end of this month.

i just found some coilovers that would fit an audi 90 (t89), do you know if these could potentially fit on my 90 CS?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default post website on here

B3 will be different than b4. type 89 is b3

Quick Reply: My 1994 90 cs. Stance state of mind