AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-90-80-coupe-quattro-cabriolet-22/)
-   -   Need location of Power window/sunroof relay (Emergency!) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-90-80-coupe-quattro-cabriolet-22/need-location-power-window-sunroof-relay-emergency-2077585/)

Mancubus 11-01-2002 07:24 AM

Need location of Power window/sunroof relay (Emergency!)

To make a long story short. My power windows do not work, nor does my sunroof. To make matters worse, my driver's side window is stuck in the down position and there's a blizzard going on outside! I removed the driver's side kick panel and exposed the auxillary relay/fuse panel. Every once in a while I can hear a click coming from one of the relays, but I can't tell which one it is. I don't have my Bentley on me, does anyone know the location of the Window/sunroof relay?

TIA!

QCRAZY 11-01-2002 07:27 AM

It's the BIG one that takes up two spots. Can't miss it!!

MikTip 11-01-2002 08:34 AM

The relay can be jumped or operated manually ;o)

Mine died several months ago. I had to get another relay. In the mean time I figured out how it worked & manually operated the relay contacts to allow my windows & sunroof to function while awaiting the new relay to arrive.

Then jumper-wired it for better control.

Mancubus 11-01-2002 08:44 AM

Re: The relay can be jumped or operated manually ;o)

Care to share your secrets?

I just want to get my window up and then start looking for a new relay at the junk yard. The dealer wants $200 for a new one and for me to wait for a week for delivery!

MikTip 11-01-2002 10:00 AM

Re: The relay can be jumped or operated manually ;o)

Well, I would need to sit down again with the relay, to give you the actual pins to jumper.
As it was sometime ago I performed the mod.

Currently I do not have a spare relay, and I'm away from home for several days. ;o)

Any electrical troubleshooting skills? :O)

Mancubus 11-01-2002 12:07 PM

Ok, fixed the problem!

I pulled the control module and then removed it from it's casing. I took a look at the board through a microscope and found an open solder. I resoldered it and plugged it back in. Windows and power roof work like a charm. :-D

MikTip 11-01-2002 02:36 PM

You are "The Man"! ;o)

Auditalk 05-18-2019 10:51 AM

Windows/Sunroof not operational

Originally Posted by Mancubus (Post 18218479)
I pulled the control module and then removed it from it's casing. I took a look at the board through a microscope and found an open solder. I resoldered it and plugged it back in. Windows and power roof work like a charm. :-D

Hi, I have a 1996 A4 1.8T B5 manual trans Quatro, I am looking for the window control module. I have looked under driver seat but found nothing. Some say there are relays and yet you say there is a pc board, some say it's in the power lock module but I have tried that twice to no joy. Can you let me know where you found your window control module and what type of A4 you have, a B5 or other. Thanks.
Connie