Audi A1 Discussion forum for the Audi A1

Looking to buy a used Audi A1

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a used Audi A1

Hello everyone,

I'm from South Africa and I'm looking to buy a car at the end of the month and stumbled upon a couple of used Audi a1's I like.I would like to receive advice and opinions on this specific car I'm looking to buy and what to look out for when I take it for a test drive at the end of the month before doing financing.

Firstly it is a 2012 Audi a1 1.4 TFSI Ambition(3 Door petrol Manual).It has two tone leather, Bluetooth with a sunroof installed.The mileage is 101 000 Km.I have looked at the car yesterday, there seems to be no wear on the leather or any scratches inside which I could see and the climate control seems to be working with no problems.The sunroof also works without delay or no signs of any problems.I tested the MMI system with Bluetooth and everything seems fine there.I have not started the car yesterday when I was there but only turned it on to test the MMI, check the mileage and to see if the sunroof, Aircon, MMI and windows are working properly.I'm looking as I stated above to go check again at the end of the month to start the car and also test drive it before doing financing.

I would like to know your opinions on a used Audi a1, what to look out for and what I should be looking at when I take a test drive at the end of the month and overall if it's worth it.I'm looking for a hatchback(I'm a student) that is average and stands a bit out from the usual polo and fiesta and something that is quite reliable as I know you won't get everything you'll ever want in one package so I was just looking for Bluetooth,MMI,Elec windows and a good aircon and just a good overall car.

The price is R165 000 which converts to 12282.10 US Dollars

Here is also a link on the car I was talking about

Used Audi A1 A1 1.4 TFSi AMBITION 3DR MANUAL for sale in Gauteng - Cars.co.za (ID:1739564)

Thank you in advance for any advice and opinions.