Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A1
Reload this Page > S-tronic Transmission
Notices
Audi A1 Discussion forum for the Audi A1

S-tronic Transmission

Old 10-09-2017, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default S-tronic Transmission

I am thinking about acquiring an Audi A1 with an automatic transmission (S tronic), but I have never driven a car with an automatic transmission. Therefore, I have some questions:

- How do I start driving uphill? And backwards uphill?
- What to do when I intend to turn the car off? Put in P and engage the handbrake?
- When I stop the car (at a traffic light, for example), what should I do? Leave it in D or change to N?
- If I'm in D mode, can I use the handbrake instead of the foot brake, i.e., can the handbrake be used as a replacement for the foot brake when stopped?
- Is there any eta for a new A1 version?
Old 10-10-2017, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Marigonzes View Post
I am thinking about acquiring an Audi A1 with an automatic transmission (S tronic), but I have never driven a car with an automatic transmission. Therefore, I have some questions:

- What to do when I intend to turn the car off? Put in P and engage the handbrake?
- When I stop the car (at a traffic light, for example), what should I do? Leave it in D or change to N?
- If I'm in D mode, can I use the handbrake instead of the foot brake, i.e., can the handbrake be used as a replacement for the foot brake when stopped?
- Is there any eta for a new A1 version?

Hey dude, I would think about it twice if you want to buy this car, many people here and around the world have issues with that sTronic ****....

Just enable D or R and press the gas pedal...
First handbrake, then move to P
Just brake, no need to change to N
Nope, the car will be forced against the handbrake, the opposite as with the brakes.

Search this Thread