Audi A2 Discussion forum for the Audi A2

A2 squeaking rear seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A2 squeaking rear seats

I have recently bought an A2 and think it's great.
Only problem is a squeaking noise that seems to be coming from the rear bench. I have a 3 seater bench and it squeakes every time I drive over a bump.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?
thanks
Old 11-27-2002, 04:24 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Don't have the bench, but

Does the base tilt forwards to allow the seat backs to fold down flat like the 2 seater does? Could be that the hinges are a little dry and need a dab of grease?

Does it do it when occupied or unoccupied? Can you get somebody to sit in the back listening while you drive over a load of bumps (could be fun!)?

If your A2 is new, your Audi dealer should be only to happy to investigate this under warranty, I've never had them refuse to look at squeaks and rattles.

This your first Audi?
Old 11-27-2002, 05:31 AM

Default Rule Britannia

Thanks for the advice - It's my first Audi - 02 reg - I'm from Britain too.
I'll have to try and get someone to travel in the back and see if they can isolate it.
Otherwise it's back to the dealer. They looked at it a couple of days ago, and said it was now ok - it's not!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:10 AM
Rest In Peace

Default You may have to persist with the dealer

If it happens under particular sets of circumstances, it may be better to demonstrate to them rather than explain and hope they can replicate. I've driven my service manager round in my car to demonstrate things that need attention.

You could also try folding the seats down and refolding them back to their normal position to make sure nothing's got pinched (seatbelt mount points etc).

There's not a lot of us Brits on here, I think I've only ever encountered about half a dozen. The screen name came from one of the wags over on the Off Topic forum (for brave souls only!) who referred to me as "The Brit", so I thought it would be amusing to change it...

Some other Audi sites that might have a bit more British input are <a href="http://www.audi-sport.net/">Audi-Sport.net</a> and <a href="http://www.audi-a2.co.uk">Audi-A2.co.uk</a>.