Notices
Audi A2 Discussion forum for the Audi A2

Audi A2 steering rack

Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 AM
LKZ
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi A2 steering rack

Hi all!
I'm quite new in here as well as my knowledge about cars is not the TOP one. I'm looking for advice in this please..

I have Audi A2 year 2000 1.4 petrol. Got it recently and very happy with it. Unfortunately my steering rack seems to be leaking. Purchased a used one to fit it on my car (it was taken off from A2 with reg 2000/2001). My wife went to the garage and after long day waiting there they told that the steering rack is different - it has no sensor on it and they can't fit it (it was/is a bit disappointing to me because the reg. and engine of my car is the same as from the one this steering rack was taken from). So I started to look around for information. At least the pictures with the one I need for my car. Can't find anything. Scrapyards has the ones without this sensor (and there is only few scrapyards around where I can get it, can't afford to buy it from the official dealers). Does someone knows what the sensor it is? Can I get it separately or my car is so special and I need to keep looking forever for this steering rack with this sensor?
I'll be pleased with any advice on this! Thank you

Old 09-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually i don't have enough knowledge about 2000 models

well lest see, who comes first to put their opinion
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry buddy. I haven't run into this before. However, I have a buddy that works for audi in jacksonville. I will see if i can get you an answer soon and post back.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

what is his name? Allen?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ive kept the car in as top spec as i can and really have looked after it ,puting it in for another service soon aswell even tho the tripcomputer says not for another 3-4000 miles....any help would be apreciated????
Old 02-26-2018, 05:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thank you LKZ for post
Old 04-08-2018, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default audi A2

Steering Rack (Power Steering Rack) AUDI A2 (8Z0) is an important part for trouble-free operation of the vehicle. When this part is faulty, we recommend to carry out a replacement. Steering Rack (Power Steering Rack) AUDI A2 (8Z0) requires routine diagnostics. You must promptly replace defective parts, observing the requirements specified by the manufacturer. At our online store there is a large range of spare parts. Prices for all the components will pleasantly surprise you.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default audi a2

i have done a rack on mine you will probably find it is an internal seal behind the boot. i just got a second hand rack and fitted it, not a hard job and you will need to track it yourself after it is important to mark the EXACT position on the splines in relation to the rack or the steering wheel angle sensor will throw up a fault code when you turn the wheel...
ShowBox VidMate Mobdro