Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

'06 Audi A3 Steering Rack Torque Sensor Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Audi A3 Steering Rack Torque Sensor Failure

Hello all. I just replaced the steering wheel on my 2.0t A3 which caused my steering assist to go out. I took it to local Audi Mechanic whom told me to replace steering angle sensor, which didn't work. Took it back to have them tell me that I needed to replace steering wheel sensor, didn't work. Took it back to have them tell me that I needed to replace entire rack due to Steering torque sensor failure and this is a non replaceable part. I couldn't believe it so I footed the diagnosis bill and took it to Audi where I was also told that I needed to replace the rack. My question is where can I find a good remanufactured rack at a decent price. I am very experienced in vehicle mechanics and plan on doing the job myself, however I cannot seem to find a company that remanufactures these racks with good ratings/feedback from customers. Yes I know that new would be better, but it is also a bill that I cannot afford at this moment. Thanks in advance.
Nico
Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow the clunkiness and non-userability of this forum compared to the non-responsiveness after 4 hours of being posted apart form the plethora of threads created after the one I created with no factual retort, are making me lose any and all faith that the purchase I made into the Audi world was a worth while decision. This is truly dis-satisfying ladies and gents. I don't even think I will care to respond to anything that is related to my post at this point. I give two ****'s if there is a time difference or not, the fact is that these cars are manufactured to be complex for no-apparent reason apart form the fact that the human animal needs variety with it's sense of accomplishment. Hasta la muerte mi pleve! Sin circumstancia, no hay justica!