Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

2007 A3 Base Maintenance Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 A3 Base Maintenance Questions

Greetings everyone, First time poster looking for some advice. I have a 2007 A3 base and I am ready to give her some much needed TLC. She almost has 150,000 miles on her. I’ve kept up with the maintenance schedule fairly religiously, by that I mean timing chain, filters, ect. This year, when she rolls up to 150,000 I believe that it is time for yet another timing chain but what else should I consider doing. The suspension has never given me any problems should I consider suspension work if so, I would appreciate details as I am not super car savvy. The next question I have is, where should I consider ordering new factory looking headlights. Mine have started down that clowdy path, and that cleansing kit didn’t fix it so, I figure what the hell, probably time to replace them as they have a few dings just from every day driving. Thanks in advance for any advice

Old 03-11-2019, 10:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you the only owner or you just bought the car off someone lately? Im not a pro, just based on my experience as I have two Audi A3s, one belongs to me and another one belongs to my girlfriend. I'd say suspension is probably not something you should concern for now (unless you want to spend the money and fix everything at once), apart from the engine, transmission maybe something you want to do first, get a transmission flush with a good DCT fluid and new trans filter as the transmissions in both of my A3s are not really good as I believe the previous owners are not servicing it at all. On top of that, One of my A3 had a problem with the wheel bearings and the other one has problems with TCM and Power steering module. Try to scan the car first and see if it throws up any fault codes, engine and transmission may be something that you want to do first if you don't see any symptoms from anywhere.

For your headlights, you can just buy them from ebay or any headlight stores just search on google you should be able to find heaps of them. But from the picture I don't think you need to buy one. I believe your headlight cleansing kit is not providing you enough materials to get it fixed, I would suggest you to get some sandpapers, from 1500-3000 grits, do some wet sanding, if its not that bad you probably don't need 1500 grits, then apply your cleansing kit (or scratch removers) using a polisher. It may take some time but it worths trying as a pair of new headlights aint cheap (but if you really want to replace them, you may want to consider upgrading it to the DRL ones instead of using the existing style? (Just my thoughts!)