Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

2017 A3 - Android Auto/Google Maps Direction Issue - anyone else experiencing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 A3 - Android Auto/Google Maps Direction Issue - anyone else experiencing?

Hello,

Ever since picking up the 2017 A3 on Friday, the Android Auto Google Maps does not work properly while connected to the car. I'm bringing the car back to the dealer on Monday for them to investigate.

The issue is that the car seems can't determine which direction the car the going?? Once my phone (Sony Xperia Z6 Android 6.0) is connected to the car, the blue GPS arrow and maps screen is pointing to the direction the car is facing (which is good), but as soon as the navigation starts, when the car is moving forward, the actual GPS point starts to move backwards, in the opposite direction of where is car is going, while the arrow is still pointing to the correct way.....this tricks the app to think the car is going in the wrong direction and hence it keeps on saying "re-routing" again and again.. So then I realized the GPS point is always moving in the opposite direction of car travel and messes up the entire navigation system.

When the phone is running Android Auto Google Maps unplugged from the car, it's totally fine without any issues. I've tried re-installing Android Auto, Google Maps on my phone, and also restoring system to factory default in the Audi car.

Just wondering has everybody else experienced this? I'm scared that this might be a car issue..

Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!
Old 02-26-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problems

Did you get this fixed?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem. I write to Audi. I'm waiting