Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 8P sportback exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 8P sportback exhaust question

hey guys. It’s been over nine years since I’ve owned an Audi. I’m picking up a 2010 A3 s-line tomorrow that is lowered, has a carbon APR cold air intake, APR tune, and very clean. I have already purchased a number of parts, some performance and some cosmetic. I also purchased a down pipe. I’m looking for a decent cat back exhaust that won’t break the bank since I want to get this done fast and have already spent a lot of money lol. Any input? Or any other mods people can think of. Thanks in advance
Old 04-09-2019, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply

Hey there,

Going to an exhaust shop and having them build a custom setup will often be the cheapest and best option. If you know where you'd like to be in terms of big turbo etc it will be easier to decide what type of exhaust you want. I think the 3.0 diameter is really only beneficial in a big turbo application where the 2.75" pipes will do great for stock and frankenturbo setups.

If you want to buy a prebuilt kit, Milltek and Billy Boat seem to be solid in terms of price/quality. Resonators are nice to reduce the sound while on the highway but are not necessary. The drone can get excessive at certain speeds though so be weary if you have kids/partners/people who want to hear themselves think while in your car. lol. Your downpipe/high flow cat will make a difference in sound as well compared to the stock cat.

I may be totally off on that but that's what I have come up with through my own research.

Good luck!