Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 front license plate filler for trade

Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 front license plate filler for trade

I just bought a 2007 A3 that came with the front grille filler panel for a US license plate. Florida does not require a front plate, so I'd like to trade for a standard filler strip if there's anyone that needs a front plate in their state. Mine is dark gray, and I don't care what color the replacement is, though I'd prefer a black one with the two thin chrome strips on it.
Thanks.
Bob
Old 07-01-2009, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by qmire
I just bought a 2007 A3 that came with the front grille filler panel for a US license plate. Florida does not require a front plate, so I'd like to trade for a standard filler strip if there's anyone that needs a front plate in their state. Mine is dark gray, and I don't care what color the replacement is, though I'd prefer a black one with the two thin chrome strips on it.
Thanks.
Bob
Can you take a pic? I have a black one and I need a license plate insert since IL requires a front plate. this is off an s4 do you know if it will fit?.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I will take a picture and post it later today.
I don't know if it is exactly the same fit as an A4 grill. Maybe someone else in the Forum can help with that. I will also post some measurements that might help.
Bob
Old 07-18-2009, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I finally had a chance to take the photos of the grill filler with license plate holder. I don't have a website set up to post them to, so if you're interested, I'll have to email them to you. Let me know your address.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 07-19-2009, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2006 A3 that has the solid grill filler and I need to add the license plate capable one because Montana needs a front plate. It is black and has a chrome strip on top and bottom. Maybe we can work a trade. Michael Nile
Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Filler strip trade

Originally Posted by nilemi
I have a 2006 A3 that has the solid grill filler and I need to add the license plate capable one because Montana needs a front plate. It is black and has a chrome strip on top and bottom. Maybe we can work a trade. Michael Nile
Sounds good - I'll send you a PM to work the details.
Bob
Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

how do you get that big grill with no filler look? Can you just take off the filler plate or do you need a whole new grill?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default "big grill look"

Originally Posted by a3atx
how do you get that big grill with no filler look? Can you just take off the filler plate or do you need a whole new grill?
I can say that at least on my '07 A3, you would need to replace the whole grill. Without the trim strip on, you see the unattractive space in the middle where it is supposed to fit - showing plastic clip slots and empty screw holes.

By the way, I still have the license plate style strip available to trade for a plain one.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am looking to make a trade too I have a front license plate holder that I am looking to trade for a solid feeler.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Btw I drive a 06

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A3 front license plate filler for trade