AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-13/)
-   -   audio remembered volume (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-13/audio-remembered-volume-2916872/)

KellnerBM 03-21-2017 04:06 PM

audio remembered volume

I have a new 2017 A3 with the B&O upgraded audio package. I've previously had the equivalent on a series of A4s, and there was always a way to increase the default maximum volume with which the audio comes on when you start up the car. I can't seem to find anything on this in the A3 manual. Anybody out there who can give me a clue whether this adjustment is possible, and, if so, how to do it?

Ben Kellner

KellnerBM 05-25-2017 05:13 PM

media volume

Originally Posted by KellnerBM (Post 24940556)
I have a new 2017 A3 with the B&O upgraded audio package. I've previously had the equivalent on a series of A4s, and there was always a way to increase the default maximum volume with which the audio comes on when you start up the car. I can't seem to find anything on this in the A3 manual. Anybody out there who can give me a clue whether this adjustment is possible, and, if so, how to do it?

Ben Kellner

Let me re-phrase my question: Is there a way to increase the input volume level for all the media sources (CD; MP3 player)? The maximum remembered volume for the radio is fine, but, every time I start the car, I have to crank up the volume whenever I want to listen to, e.g., my MP3 player.

Ben K

mariovee 07-06-2017 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by KellnerBM (Post 24974643)
Let me re-phrase my question: Is there a way to increase the input volume level for all the media sources (CD; MP3 player)? The maximum remembered volume for the radio is fine, but, every time I start the car, I have to crank up the volume whenever I want to listen to, e.g., my MP3 player.

Ben K

There is a setting for input volume, I think I saw it in the Bluetooth settings. Not near my car, but there is definitely a setting for Input level, as I found it useful when I stumbled across it.

snagitseven 07-06-2017 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by KellnerBM (Post 24974643)

Ben K

I believe the only way to change the remembered volume when you start the car is using VCDS Vag-Com to make a coding change.

KellnerBM 07-07-2017 02:15 PM

remembered volume

Originally Posted by mariovee (Post 24997026)
There is a setting for input volume, I think I saw it in the Bluetooth settings. Not near my car, but there is definitely a setting for Input level, as I found it useful when I stumbled across it.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I had found this adjustment, but it only increases the remembered volume of a Bluetooth device (e.g., my iPhone), but not a device that's either plugged into the car's USB ports (my MP3 player) or the installed CD player in the car.