Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

dashboard panel lights dimming problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:58 AM
mlt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dashboard panel lights dimming problem

For some reason, the interior panel lights dim unexpectedly - even though the manual control is set to the highest setting. Has anyone else had this problem? My fear is that when I take it to the dealer it will work fine (knowing my luck) - hoping someone knows the root cause that I could refer the dealer to quickly.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:05 AM

Auto adjustment kick in, possibly?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:01 AM

Default It's not a 'problem'. It's a feature. Read this...

<ul><li><a href="http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2786328">http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2786328</a</li></ul>
Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Page 82 of owners manual . . . below the Note symbol: USA Models: read

Cool feature if you ask me ^5
Old 10-11-2006, 11:14 AM
mlt

Default I'm aware of the feature, on mine it seems like something is not right..

in pitch dark conditions, it will suddenly dim, without any external light changes...I presume loose connection with the rolling adjuster or possibly the sensor itself...in any case, I'll have the dealer check it out. thanks.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Let us know what the problem was : )
Old 10-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: dashboard panel lights dimming problem

MLT,

There is a TSB on an interior light switch that COULD be causing the problem you are having. We have had to do this only once since the A3's have been released here. Please give me your email address and I'll send you the TSB.

As was already stated, the interior lights do have the "auto" dimming feature as outlined by the owner's manual, but I don't think that is what your experiencing. Most times panel light dimming or temporary display/light "blanking" is due to voltage drop NOT caused by load/charge level but by control unit/other electrical failure. This is outlined in the TSB and I think it will help.

Let know if there is anything else I can help with.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default TSB interior lights

Originally Posted by Steel_Rain
MLT,

There is a TSB on an interior light switch that COULD be causing the problem you are having. We have had to do this only once since the A3's have been released here. Please give me your email address and I'll send you the TSB.

As was already stated, the interior lights do have the "auto" dimming feature as outlined by the owner's manual, but I don't think that is what your experiencing. Most times panel light dimming or temporary display/light "blanking" is due to voltage drop NOT caused by load/charge level but by control unit/other electrical failure. This is outlined in the TSB and I think it will help.

Let know if there is anything else I can help with.
Is it possible to get a copy of this TSB emailed to me as well? weedst@netzero.com
Thanks
Old 05-09-2022, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Scott Novak
Is it possible to get a copy of this TSB emailed to me as well? weedst@netzero.com
Thanks
Is it possible to get a copy of this TSB emailed to me as well? carlosortiz282@hotmail.com
Old 05-09-2022, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Scott Novak
Thanks
Is it possible to get a copy of this TSB emailed to me as well? carlosortiz282@hotmail.com
Thanks

Quick Reply: dashboard panel lights dimming problem