Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

New RS3 vs. used RS7

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dval44
Sorry, I don't quite follow you.

So you are saying for the 2019 RS5 sportback, the option for getting adjustable suspension is not just the "dynamic package?"

Thanks
His opinion here: " The current RS5 is softer overall...but this generation RS5 didn't do it for me anymore. It feels too much like the S5 and doesn't have enough character for me."Is based on the coupe and I agree with him. But the Sportback was redesigned based on the RS5 coupe lack of sales and is the model to get from my opinion.The Sportback has the BEST suspension, it's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (comfort/dynamic). The only option you need to get is the dynamic package for $3,350 for this feature, pick a free color like Nardo total with destination: $78,545. I just took a 2018 M3 comp on the highway...the low-end torque on this engine is crazy.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
His opinion here: " The current RS5 is softer overall...but this generation RS5 didn't do it for me anymore. It feels too much like the S5 and doesn't have enough character for me."Is based on the coupe and I agree with him. But the Sportback was redesigned based on the RS5 coupe lack of sales and is the model to get from my opinion.The Sportback has the BEST suspension, it's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (comfort/dynamic). The only option you need to get is the dynamic package for $3,350 for this feature, pick a free color like Nardo total with destination: $78,545. I just took a 2018 M3 comp on the highway...the low-end torque on this engine is crazy.
Awesome thanks for the insight. I had no idea there was a mechanical difference across coupe/sedan/sportback. They all are the same price, I believe. Sounds like I'll go with the sportback!

Also as you allude to, most of the options are cosmetic and do not interest me. So I am thinking:

RS5 Sportback with:
- Sonoma green +595
- RS driver assistance package +3,700
- Dynamic package +3,350
- B&O 3D sound +950
- Audi care +999

-------

$84,789 all in

Does that sound like a solid build?
Old 03-04-2019, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Awesome thanks for the insight. I had no idea there was a mechanical difference across coupe/sedan/sportback. They all are the same price, I believe. Sounds like I'll go with the sportback!

Also as you allude to, most of the options are cosmetic and do not interest me. So I am thinking:

RS5 Sportback with:
- Sonoma green +595
- RS driver assistance package +3,700
- Dynamic package +3,350
- B&O 3D sound +950
- Audi care +999

-------

$84,789 all in

Does that sound like a solid build?
The b9 coupe/Sportback used the same systems but implemented differently based on different loads. Night and day difference between coupe/sportback. While the fluid exchange is "old school" the technology has been updated and far superior than the poor man's mag ride.On the MQB (A3/S3/RS3) the mag ride is awful. It's old technology in use since 2011 and needs a major update/redesign.I like your build - Sonoma green is rare, and you are getting everything you need as feature wise! You might have to special order your build.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Sorry, I don't quite follow you.

So you are saying for the 2019 RS5 sportback, the option for getting adjustable suspension is not just the "dynamic package?"

Thanks
The RS5 coupé has a shorter wheelbase that the RS5 Sportback (which has the same wheelbase as the RS4 Avant), as well as a different F/R weight bias. It does impact on the handling and feel of the car, which is the point Chicago was making. That is the only difference, the Sportback is not a revised version of the coupé, it is basically the RS4 setup.

That Superswiss doesn't like the B9 RS5 means it is probably the perfect car for you: ice and snow, comfortable ride at 70mph on the open road, understated rather than brash, but with the ability to offer substantial performance on demand. His requirements are in a completely different direction.

If you are honing in on S5 / RS5 rather than the RS3, might be better to move the discussion out of the RS3 forum and to here, which is addressing your type of questions:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25284870

Ideally, you should drive all these cars, but they are in short supply as you are finding. T-Fury's post on his experience with the RS3 was excellent!