Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Please help

Old 07-23-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Hi All,

I've got a 2.0tfsi (ccza) 3dr a3. 09 reg, 115k miles.
Had the clutch and flywheel replaced (used sachs parts).
All seemed fine but 30 miles after picking the car up I was driving down the m4 and the EPC light came on aswell as the engine warning light, and the car went into limp mode. For a few hours after this, the car was struggling to start, hot or cold. (Starter motor would engage but take a few seconds for the engine to fire up). After a few hours, the car jumped to life straight away and the EPC light went off, as did the engine warning light.

The car then started normally (instantly) and had no further issues for another 200 miles. Immediately after the epc incident I had the mechanic look at the car again but couldn't find any faults.

However, the EPC light then returned.
This time, the car was taking it's time to start, but once the RPM had dropped from the initial 1100, to 800ish (so about 45 secs after starting the car) you could turn the engine off and restart it without issue or EPC light.

Today, took my foot off the accelerator whilst going down a dual carriageway and the car jolted, epc light engine light combo returned and yet again sent me into limp mode. Even when hot, it is struggling to start.

Any thoughts?

This all started when the clutch and flywheel were replaced, I never had any issues before. (Work was done via gearbox removal)

Apologies for the ramblings but I wanted to include as much detail as possible.