Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Problems with my 2011 Audi A3 TDI S-Line!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my 2011 Audi A3 TDI S-Line!!!!!!!!!

2011 Audi A3 TDI S-Line
Alright, I've had my 2011 Audi A3 TDI S-Line for about 3 months and I've come across so many problems.

1. Lower oil pan screw was stripped by the dealership that I bought it from.
2. When I got the 1st oil change since owning it. It was missing the lower oil filter.
3. The swivel light comes on flashing then the check engine light comes. The swivel light then turns off but the check engine light stays on. Also, I was losing power pressing on the gas. I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and wasn't going anywhere. ( Once I turn off the car and wait a few minutes it all turns off as nothing happens. This has happened a few times. I don't know what the problem is.)
4. Today all of the light sensors went on, headlight, turning signal, reverse signal, and fog lights. I checked it today and the only light that I could see stopped working was the right found the headlight. The passenger right running signal and the rear are working.
5. OHHH!!!! also when I first got home with the car after purchasing the car the driver mirror was shaking. When I got home the only thing that was holding it was a little bit of glue. Last week the passenger mirror was the same. I had to Gorilla glue them back on.
6. I was told I had heated seats and it was advertised also. But that is False or I still haven't found the button.
7. I found out that the Dealership drilled 3 Screws in the back of the driver and passenger seat to keep the back panel on. I paid $9 to replace 3 clips on the Driver seat since it broke off cause it wasn't screwed on correctly when they did it.
8. Also, the dealer glued on the trunk cover hitch. (not sure if i described that correctly.)

So this is my first experience with Audi and I'm having a nasty taste in my mouth about the brand. I was told by someone else that I met that has the same model but he has the 2.0. He hates his car cause one problem happens after another. I can see why.

Last edited by LpMoss714-4; 06-19-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

You had a bad experience with a rotten dealer. Sorry to hear that. Don't go back to that dealership and tell everyone to stay away from THAT dealership. Also:
  • Losing power when you need it is VERY DANGEROUS. I recommend you get that checked out ASAP.
  • There is no lower oil filter. There is only one oil filter, you change from the top. You can also extract the oil from the top, thru the dipstick.
  • Sounds like you are having lots of electronic issues. Did the car have any flood damage? It could also be the ground connections are corroded. This will take some time to sort out.
  • Heated seats buttons are by the climate control..
I've had pretty good luck with my VW/Audi's. 1st VW lasted 19 years with about $200 - 300 /yr in repairs the last 5 years. 4th one is 2013 A3 TDI S-line. Everything works fine. The seat back clips did fall off, but some epoxy glue from home depot took care of that. I also put in some sound insulation on the doors and hatch. It's now as quiet as my A5.

I recommend on your next car purchase, you take it to a knowledgable mechanic who works on that partciular brand for a complete checkup first.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The loss in power could be related to either your DPF {emissions catalyst) or faulty egr valve.

The swivel/coil lights you mentioned that come on with the engine light is usually linked to the glow plugs they could be faulty.

Regarding all the lights turning on. If you mean your instrument cluster is lit up like a Christmas tree indicates a fault with the BCM.

These cars had a problem with the injectors in the CR170 which were recalled double check if that's the case.

always handy to have a obd scanner if you have one, if you do you could post the results up here to confirm these issues.

hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

When I took it to the shop to get an oil change. They showed me the 2nd oil filter that's located at the bottom of the car. Witch, it was missing.
When I checked the car history there was no sign of flood damage BUT there was an Accident but I don't think it was a Major accident since what was put down on the Carfax.
The dealership lied about the heated seats cause that button isn't there.
I've also written a bad review for them. https://www.avaautosales.com/ AVOID THESE PEOPLE AT ALL COST.

****Also my radiator fan is sounding pretty loud now after i turn the car off, now I'm gonna have to get that checked

Now finding out a lot of other people are having the same problem after I posted my review about them.

I'm just planning to fix the lights and trading the car in and taking a loss.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm so confused about this second oil filter.

If anyone knows where this is, please let us know. I have the same TDI engine and nobody has ever mentioned a second oil filter in any of the forums. Nobody sells this second oil filter either.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I took it to the shop and their thinking it’s the turbo. Also it’s a Diesel Engine. I’ve looked online and found this.

Old 09-02-2019, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

If it's the turbo, it should be covered under the dieselgate extended warranty settlement. Check your VIN: https://audidiesellookup.com/

"he vehicle has an Extended Emissions Warranty that runs for 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original in-service date. Please see your Audi dealership for additional information including the vehicle's in-service date.

In addition, and concurrently, the Extended Emissions Warranty runs for 4 years or 48,000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the date of modification or first dealer resale post-modification."

https://audidiesellookup.com/pdf/VWC...Gen1_Final.pdf

By the way, if you turn the car off and the cooling fan is still going on really strong, it is because the car is going through the DPF regenerate process. It is how the car cleans the diesel particular filter so it's not clogged with ash. The engine has to run extra hot to burn off the ash, but if you stop the engine before it stops, it can't depend on the movin air to cool off the engine, so it turns on the fan. The fans will turn off automatically eventually.

Last edited by findalex; 09-02-2019 at 03:52 AM.