Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 08-05-2016, 10:51 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

$170 Reverse/Backup camera kit and install

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrevinot
Hello Friends,

I know this has been posted a long time ago. But the ebay link still works, and I just bought it.

I am trying to install it, but the model has changed from the one in your post.

Now this one has a fuse to piggy back and connect to power.

Any ideas where this should be connected?

I have removed some 5A fuse and use the piggyback to see if it gets any power, but the adapter does not send any signal, and the screen does not power on. It powers on only if connected the way the factory install is.

Any ideas? or maybe my adapter box is defective?

Thanks.
I was thinking about purchasing the Kit, but was concerned about the fuse connection. Looks like the original kit didn't have a connection to the fuse box, but the new kit requires it.

How did your install go?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2017, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default new version with power and ground

Originally Posted by Weimer
BUMP.

So it appears the new kits have wires that need to be plugged into the fuse box...i don't see any mention of that anywhere in this 35 page thread. Has anyone else done this type of install? Which fuse? Thanks guys!

Yes, the new version with power and ground still works on mmi1 a3 8v 2015. Took me about 5 hours. The wiring connections are pretty straight forward, Hard to instal the power wire to the fuse box, had to run it behind climate control. Also no parking lines and the resolution doesn't seem all that great.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi guys, I'm from Colombia, I have a A3 8v 2015 1.2T Copue, the link that all you guys bought is sold and found this link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A3-8V-...19.m1438.l2649 but I'm not sure if this is gona work, some of you has bought this one? my screen is 5.8" without nav.

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would they change a kit that had backup lines and no need for fuse box attachment? Wonder if they will offer the old kit?
Old 03-10-2018, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I can confirm the new kit found by kinglion is very similar to the original kit. I have purchased and installed with success. No fuse box connection necessary. Thank you to the OP and thanks for everyone's great contributions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11281151451...m=112811514512
Old 07-10-2018, 01:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jfa3
Yes, the new version with power and ground still works on mmi1 a3 8v 2015. Took me about 5 hours. The wiring connections are pretty straight forward, Hard to instal the power wire to the fuse box, had to run it behind climate control. Also no parking lines and the resolution doesn't seem all that great.
Got the same issue. no powering - no video signal. Did you make any pictures of power wiring? Currently i have only the picture from manufacturer where the fuse goes. taken from the near galaxy because almost no useful info on it.. They confirmed that in the new version they changed the wiring and powering
Old 07-10-2018, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got mine installed last weekend. I took power from the rear parking sensor block and ran that wire plus the video feed to the front up and in behind the glove box beside the center dash. Make sure the video cable is grounded in the trunk area. The other option is to take power from the climate control block which would have been somewhat simpler.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 08-12-2018, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I can confirm the new kit found by kinglion is very similar to the original kit. I have purchased and installed with success. No fuse box connection necessary. Thank you to the OP and thanks for everyone's great contributions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11281151451...m=112811514512
I second this. With shipping ended up being $230 but still worth it. Kit arrived in 4 days from Hong Kong. Install was a success with no fuse box connection.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Just installed with updated kit with fuse

Hi all, I read this article long time ago, and finally decided to give a try.
So the seller on ebay updated the kit and now has fuse, which really sucks.
Mine have no nav, non-B&O, so I think the process was bit simple.
I never worked on a car before so it was a bit scary but worked out okay.

The updated kit is little bit different from the article.

I had to drop the glove box as most of people did, and whole assembly was straight forward. It just took a long time to figure out how to run a wire to the fuse box.
I was trying to sent it behind the climate control but I couldn't figure out how, so I just ended up running cable under the climate control.
By the way, I used F6 on fuse box and seems like it is working fine and connected ground near the glove box.

I think i used 8mm for all bolts, and 10mm to remove the trunk handle.
The ipas works fine, but I wasn't able to turn off the radar.. I guess the ipas and radar goes together with this model.
Camera quality is not bad, and trunk handle feels and works like a OEM parts.
Overall I am glad that I tried. It is just good to have a backup camera

Quick Reply: $170 Reverse/Backup camera kit and install