Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

'15 S3 exhaust and computer

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '15 S3 exhaust and computer

I admit I am more of a lurker than anything else but I do have a long history with Audi – from 4000CSQ to S4V8, 5000CSQ to 2 different allroads, S5V8 and now my 2015 S3. I have such a great experience with my Remus Exhaust and Berger Motorsports Computer I want to let someone know. Both companies support has been beyond reproach.

Remus Exhaust – Mike Bower is a Saint. I can be the WORST kind of customer – 1,000 questions, indecision, needy etc etc. Mike stayed with me and was happy to help every time I contacted him. Exhaust is the real deal. Build quality and fit is perfect and I mean perfect – better than OEM. IMPORTANT – I purchased the kit WITH the front resonator intact and could not be happier. Ultimate performance may be slightly better without the resonator but this is a daily driver for me and I was most concerned about sound. The clips I hear without the resonator did not sound as good as with. In person, the sound is awesome with NO drone. Basically, if I keep the transmission in “D” the exhaust is barely louder than stock but still more throaty. When I put trans in “S” the exhaust is definitely noticeable but again not loud – just lower frequency and powerful. The system works perfectly with the active dampers of the stock system. NOTE is does take a while for the solenoids that control the dampers to seat properly. I really thought I had a problem with my system as after a full day they still did not seem to be activating properly but after a few days of use in all different settings of Sport and Dynamic etc. all was good. After much deliberation – thanks again Mike for your patience – I chose to spend the extra money for the full carbon tips – see photobucket link. I think they are awesome – spendy but awesome. I have had several different systems on various cars – Borla, Supersprint, etc. And to be honest on most cars I have had Borla and really knew Remus from motorcycles. I have always been happy with Borla build quality but for some street cars it has been a bit too much. I think the Remus is perfect. I highly recommend anyone looking for an Audi street exhaust strongly consider them.

Berger Motorsport Computer – George at Berger is also top notch. My S3 is a daily and I am happy to sacrifice the last 5-10 hp to keep it reliable and drivable. To be honest there was a little hiccup with my install. Crazy high ambient temps and possibly a bad tank of fuel did throw some errors and an annoyance or two. George was always there to stand behind his product. He was very concerned about me and my car. He overnighted a computer cable for me to adjust the computer and constantly followed up on his own. I must admit, once the 90-100 heat broke and I burned off that tank of fuel, there were no more issues. I never even adjusted the computer – my fault just too busy. My car is coming up on its 5k service and when I take the computer out to take car to Audi I will probably make the adjustments George recommended.

1 plus 1 equals 3? As I did both the exhaust and computer (and K&N) at the same time I cannot really say what did what but oh my! My favorite “all around” car to date has been my wife’s E92 M3 (V8). Her car is definitely a Jekyll / Hyde – a sedate Doctor when desired and a beast of a monster when needed. My S3 now comes close for about half the price. The S3 is more of a beast all the time but not too much so. I know with the modifications and all wheel drive the S3 is faster to 60. She also continues to pull past 100 very well. Really fun car. Thank you Audi, Remus and Berger, david

PS I forgot to mention Remus has a dent in one pipe that has a sticker in German that says “dent is intentional and not a defect.” It is in one of the photos. Berger harness is well made but I do not care for the plastic wire sheath they use. Took me $5 and 30 minutes to wrap in sticky cloth tape VW and Audi use on their harnesses.

PS PS photobucket link - 2015 S3 - Remus_Berger by David Scott | Photobucket