Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 A3 Cabriolet: Is voice disabled?/rear seat headrests

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headrests in the Q3 should be what you are looking for,
Old 02-11-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Headrests

Originally Posted by Glacierdrie
Headrests in the Q3 should be what you are looking for,

Sorry - I was wrong about the Q3- however the center one the Q5 may work,

Im sure they are expensive anyway...
Old 04-12-2016, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Where near Chicago can I get this done?

Originally Posted by Peter8V758L
FYI Regarding Voice Command in the Cabriolet. I had nothing better to do today so I made an appointment with my Audi dealer to have the Voice Command activated. I spent about an hour there, and when I got my car back the voice command was operational. Woo Hoo! Now I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL.

NOTE: This coding change was not possible with model years prior to 2015 according to my dealer. I had spoken to my salesman in advance, who contacted the service department, who then contacted Audi because they had never done it before, and did not have the codes/instructions to do this procedure. Sure enough, Audi provided them with the necessary codes and instructions to carry out the job. The point is, notify your dealer ahead of time to make sure they have the ability to perform the job. If they're like my dealership, they'll need a few days' lead time to get the information from Audi as this process is new for 2015, at least according to my dealer.
Anyone know a dealer near Chicago who can get my voice command deactivated in my 2015 a3 cabriolet? Ed
Old 04-12-2016, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Baldpolishguy
Anyone know a dealer near Chicago who can get my voice command deactivated in my 2015 a3 cabriolet? Ed
Meant RE activated in my a3 cab. Darn spellcheck!
Old 04-12-2016, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by makirk
Congratulations!

I've had mine for a couple of months and can confirm that yes, the voice control is disabled. However, in a live Audi event a couple weeks ago, the Audi folks confirmed this as well as said your dealer can enable this for you.

I checked with my dealer and they said they could do it. I'm holding off until my first maintenance to have mine enabled because I don't want to bring it in just for that.

The B&O certainly sounds great and the NAV/MMI is easy to use once you get the feel where everything is. I've used the MMI Connect app on my iPhone to stream as well as update destinations.

I don't know about the rear headrest as I've not tried to take them out.

The temp today was in the upper 50s so I put the top down on the way home from work. Loved it. Can't wait for warmer weather.

Mike
Know where I can get the voice control activated in my 2015 a3 cab?
Old 04-13-2016, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So anyone who wants to enable voice recognition. I finally got it to work with the Carista adapter. They have been working on adding this customization. So it is in beta, so will have to asked to be added.

1) Plug in Carista
2) Customize
3) Enable Voice Recognition
4) Reboot MMI (each car is different)
5) Don't forget to train it, under MMI Setup

2013 A5 Cab
Old 04-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Peter8V758L
FYI Regarding Voice Command in the Cabriolet. I had nothing better to do today so I made an appointment with my Audi dealer to have the Voice Command activated. I spent about an hour there, and when I got my car back the voice command was operational. Woo Hoo! Now I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL.

NOTE: This coding change was not possible with model years prior to 2015 according to my dealer. I had spoken to my salesman in advance, who contacted the service department, who then contacted Audi because they had never done it before, and did not have the codes/instructions to do this procedure. Sure enough, Audi provided them with the necessary codes and instructions to carry out the job. The point is, notify your dealer ahead of time to make sure they have the ability to perform the job. If they're like my dealership, they'll need a few days' lead time to get the information from Audi as this process is new for 2015, at least according to my dealer.
Do you know if they had to download software or was the software already in the car and all that was needed was to change it?
Old 04-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So with the 2013 A5, no software needed to be downloaded. But my Audi dealer had no idea, regardless of year. But since I was using the Carista adapter, I did not have to mess with anything more then plugging the adapter in, opening the software on the iphone and making the proper changes, hitting save, and rebooting the MMI. And the voice recognition works quite well....but one complaint, there is a delay, while it works to find addresses...but....you don't have to type it in.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1big10
So with the 2013 A5, no software needed to be downloaded. But my Audi dealer had no idea, regardless of year. But since I was using the Carista adapter, I did not have to mess with anything more then plugging the adapter in, opening the software on the iphone and making the proper changes, hitting save, and rebooting the MMI. And the voice recognition works quite well....but one complaint, there is a delay, while it works to find addresses...but....you don't have to type it in.
Do you suppose this adapter would work on an A3? How intuitive is this adapter and iPhone app?
Old 04-27-2016, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

What is this Carista adapter? I have a vag-com and I still cant find the programming for the A3 cab. Its extremely frustrating as I have a lot of people that need this done.

Quick Reply: 2015 A3 Cabriolet: Is voice disabled?/rear seat headrests