Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 Audi s3 parts suggestions /" New guy" questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Audi s3 parts suggestions /" New guy" questions!

Hey everyone,
Recently picked up my first Audi, a 2015 S3.

Instead of making multiple posts i figured ill try and get everything i need out of this post..

**Being new to these cars, (coming from a Subaru STI) what are some things to watch out for / commonly found downfalls, and do's/do nots of the vehicle?

***What are the the more highly reviewed brands of parts, for basic bolt ons? intakes, exhausts, springs/coils, tunes, etc. what route of upgrades nets the best results? what are a less favourable, or a "waste".

****Lastly, how is everyone liking owning their S3's? I've had mine literally a day, and while i can't form a truly educated opinion at this point, so far i love it and am very happy with my decision. curious to hear others thoughts and rationality behind it!

Thank you.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrubys3
Hey everyone,
Recently picked up my first Audi, a 2015 S3.
How many miles? Is it CPO?

Instead of making multiple posts i figured ill try and get everything i need out of this post..

**Being new to these cars, (coming from a Subaru STI) what are some things to watch out for / commonly found downfalls, and do's/do nots of the vehicle?

***What are the the more highly reviewed brands of parts, for basic bolt ons? intakes, exhausts, springs/coils, tunes, etc. what route of upgrades nets the best results? what are a less favourable, or a "waste".

****Lastly, how is everyone liking owning their S3's? I've had mine literally a day, and while i can't form a truly educated opinion at this point, so far i love it and am very happy with my decision. curious to hear others thoughts and rationality behind it!

Thank you.
I came from subaru too - mostly that nothing was as reliable as my subarus back in the 90's - I might get flamed, but after 15 Audis in my family, they are simply not as reliable. Stay-up on Maintenance in-case you need a claim with Audi of America.

APR, GIAC, REVO to name a few.

You're going to love it, too much in-fact, you'll never want to go back to Subaru.

Congrads!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the reply,which parts in particular would you say cause problems and what are some major matinance milestones ?
Old 06-14-2017, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for tune, look at United Motorsports. for parts and upgrades, look at 034 motorsports. congrats on the ride.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrubys3
Thanks for the reply,which parts in particular would you say cause problems and what are some major matinance milestones ?
These cars are too new really to know that, check out this site, its what I use;

https://www.truedelta.com

The maintenances are;

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...ar-2015-v2.pdf
Old 06-15-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have a 2015 S3 but currently have it for sale. To make room in my garage for a 2018 RS3. If the RS3 wouldn't be sold in the country, I'd be keeping and loving my S3. Best car I've ever owned.

I've done considerable modding to my car without issue to date. I get some of my parts from ECS Tuning and have gotten some from 034 Motorsport. I've gone from Stage I with APR to Stage II (APR obviously) and have approximately 400 hp currently. Stage II required a downpipe. APR. I went to Unibrace for a UBQ chassis brace. THAT tightened up the back end nicely. Got a full engine bay skid plate from ECS Tuning. APR carbon fiber intake, CF turbo inlet pipe and oil catch can from ECS Tuning. Wheel spacers from ECS as well. Of course got obligatory stuff like winter mats from WeatherTech. Sunshade. Phone mount from Clearmounts. One of our esteemed forum frequenters produces that product. Sure it sounds like I'm an APR fanboy but it's all I know for this car and I know it works and works well. Oh, winter wheel and tire package from Tirerack.

Again, if the USA wouldn't be getting the RS3, I would be quite happy to drive my S3 for many years to come. Good luck with your experience with your S3.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So you went full turbo back exhaust from apr or just downpipe with stock exhaust?
thanks for the info and enjoy the new car
Old 06-16-2017, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got the catted cast downpipe only from APR. 3 inch diameter vs stock 2.5. Had to have a shop install it as it's not an easy install. Shop was an APR affiliate and did the ECU tune immediately afterward. The car really moves now. Big difference over stock although stock wasn't bad in itself.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did you do the dsg tune assuming your dsg trans along with the ecu tune?
any recommendations on other downpipe alternatives? Basically looking to do stage 2 with downpipe add an intake and do the stage 2 software for ecu and dsg
Old 06-17-2017, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Got a TCU (DSG) tune in between the Stage I and Stage II work. Also APR. Can't recommend other downpipe alternatives but understand there are several other brands available. Figured APR tunes so APR downpipe.