2016 A3's cornering lamps not activating - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 > Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 MKII
Reload this Page > 2016 A3's cornering lamps not activating
Notices
Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2016 A3's cornering lamps not activating

Old 02-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 A3's cornering lamps not activating

I just noticed tonight for whatever reasons my corning lamps didn't come on when I activated the turn signal nor turning my wheel. I didn't see any error code in the dashboard screen.

Does anyone know if there should be a fault code if the cornering lamps are malfunctioning?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

there was parking light update that my dealer did a couple months ago. for some reason after they did the update the cornering light got deactivated. just need to go into MMI settings and turn them back on.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:55 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

FWIW on my S6 with LED headlights the static corner lamps only work when the headlights are set to "Auto". Not sue if A3 is the same. Worth checking anyway.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Diztek View Post
there was parking light update that my dealer did a couple months ago. for some reason after they did the update the cornering light got deactivated. just need to go into MMI settings and turn them back on.
You are right! It's working now. I left my car at dealer for 2 days and they couldn't resolved the issue. First they said there is nothing wrong with the car because no fault code . I kept telling them this is one of my favorite features on the car and I want it to work. They kept denying there was an issue and basically made me like I was hallucinating. They even let me spoke to the mechanic and he kept saying there is no issue. Day 2 came and they said they tested it out on another A3 and outcome was the same. I went in to pick up my car and used your instructions. It works!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

glad it worked out. i would definitely notify someone (a manager or on the survey) that the service reps need more training.

Search this Thread