Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018’s don’t come with an MMI oil gauge?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked my salesman to text me a pic of his MMI oil gauge and sure enough, he has it. Now I’m really puzzled why he has it but it appears no one else does???
Old 07-12-2018, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I am guessing he is confused with Oil Temp vs Oil Level? I have a 17 and there is no oil level measurement.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by marttimat
I am guessing he is confused with Oil Temp vs Oil Level? I have a 17 and there is no oil level measurement.
Oh, really? Then what the hell is this? Sure looks like an oil gauge to me.

I asked my sales guy to text me a pic of his oil gauge on his '17 S3....
Soooo, absolutely no one else on the forum has this?

Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Your sales guy is posting a pic from another Audi model methinks.Some sales guys have no knowledge of the product they are selling.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman
Your sales guy is posting a pic from another Audi model methinks.Some sales guys have no knowledge of the product they are selling.
I was thinking this as well. Or perhaps another engine model? Does E-tron have oil level? RS3?

I will take a look in VCDS tomorrow and see what I find.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So my salesman is making up that his S3 has the oil level gauge in his MMI. So what would his motivation be to lie about something as trivial as that?
This should be good...oh, and when I asked him to shoot me a pic of the oil gauge in HIS S3, he would go to a completely different car and take a pic of the MMI?
Bwahahaha.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kurac
So my salesman is making up that his S3 has the oil level gauge in his MMI. So what would his motivation be to lie about something as trivial as that?
This should be good...oh, and when I asked him to shoot me a pic of the oil gauge in HIS S3, he would go to a completely different car and take a pic of the MMI?
Bwahahaha.
Honestly, you asked if anyone has oil level in their car's MMI. Everyone, so far, has not seen this feature in their cars that has posted. Not trying to discredit or knock your salesman.. But no reason to jump on those here you do not know. Good for him to have the feature in his build. My salesman was completely clueless to any features in the car when I test drove (I ended up teaching him some items).

Funny as I actually just bought of quart of Edge synthetic today to keep for top off purposes. Go piston rings! Just make sure you break in the engine properly. That definitely helps VAG engines from my experience.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Fair enough.
i spoke with my sales guy more and his car was new when he bought and it had the gauge. Now he also said that 2 of his coworkers also have S3’s and that they were able to program the gauge in the MMI using VAGCOM. He said the next time I’m in the area to drop the car off and give them 30 minutes and they will program it in for me. I found on my B8.5 A4 that the gauge was as accurate as my ECS dipstick. Once my A4 hit 130K or so it started to burn oil, and then at the end before trade in, I was going through 1qt every 300 or so miles....that’s when I panicked and got my current replacement. The car at trade in had nearly 168K miles and had a Stasis Stage 1 tune since the second service at 15k miles. So for me, the gauge is an extremely convenient safeguard and something I’ll look into getting done.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Your photo was posted on another site and a very knowledgeable VAG Com technician stated "Thats not an A3/s3/RS3 as the MQB does not have the hardware needed for this feature. Also, look where the screen meets the dash, you cannot see the removable trim / cover"
That is the end of the story.....not available to program through the MMI and the car does not have the sensors or hardware. Your sales guy is totally off the wall and incompetent.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The only way to solve this is for me to make an appointment at the dealer and get it installed. One way or another, I’ll get to the bottom of it. Only problem is that this dealer I got my car from is not local and is 2 hours away.

Quick Reply: 2018’s don’t come with an MMI oil gauge?!?!