Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018 Audi RS3 is now on the USA Audi site

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Audi RS3 is now on the USA Audi site

Its official. The RS3 is now on the US Audi site.

www.Audiusa.com - Right in the front lined up with the other Audi Sport models in or coming to the USA.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw that last night. I've been searching for 2018 RS3 news every night. Only videos and photos on the website currently. Going to my dealer Friday to hand over a deposit for my RS3. Stilling struggling over which color to go with. Hardest part of the entire thing has been getting my wife on board. I have a 2015 S3 and my wife cannot understand why I would sell a perfectly great S3 to get an RS3. Is it bad that I told her the RS3 gets better gas mileage because it has a 7 speed DSG instead of 6?
Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Is it bad that I told her the RS3 gets better gas mileage because it has a 7 speed DSG instead of 6?
ROFL! I have a better excuse. I have a 2016 A3 P+ convertible and just got a brand new engine because the piston broke about 2 weeks ago. You should tell your wife that you better get 2018 before engine on your 2015 blows up while you are on the high way.

Last edited by ionian2k; 04-13-2017 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

A few things I've noticed and/or learned.

1. The Dynamic package will be on nearly every car since almost every other option requires the 950 Dynamic Package to be installed.

2. The Dynamic Plus package is realistically the "track package" since it includes the individual tire pressure feedback, carbon ceramic brakes, and moves to the fixed suspension. Unfortunately this is also the only place the carbon fiber engine cover is listed, so I think most will be looking to the parts department for that option. Also quite unfortunately the speed limiter upgrade is also attached to this expensive option package.

3. The RS design package lists "safety belts in crimson red" which sounds like a completely red belt and not necessarily the black with red trim belt that was shown in all the photographs, but the reality is still an unknown.

4. The description of the wheels is the same as what we've all seen but strangely the US sheet does not have photos of the wheels. Maybe with any luck Audi Sport has realized they are ugly and have something better to offer. Wishful thinking but I've got my fingers crossed.

5. 6W9 Front plate delete. I was told that the A3 & S3 models come with a clip in front plate holder that does not come pre attached to the car. Even though my state (Texas) requires a front plate, none if the 3 series vehicles on display have the front plate frame attached. So the odds are this will be the same with the RS3 meaning that you shouldn't need to select the delete option to keep the clean front end of the car.

6. There was no option in the system for the 2018 RS3 models to have the "Audi Exclusive" paint selected. However after a few phone calls and an email the order system was updated to now offer this option. Expected cost for any of the colors in the book including Porsche or VW colors is $3900. Lamborghini colors are not available.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone got the US order guide with pricing?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ionian2K: WTF? You had a piston rod break an absolutely new car? Damn! I'm sorry for your troubles with that. I've had zero issues with my S3. Let me go knock on some wood please now.

Technically, I could use your story about having a piston go kaput and explain that, as the RS3 has 5 cylinders, I'll have a spare piston in case one should go bad!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
ionian2K: WTF? You had a piston rod break an absolutely new car?
Yes, it went kaput at 17k miles on the odometer. It was in at 15k for service about 2 months back. Everything is stock in the car. All service performed at dealer.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Local dealer here in Columbus sent me an RS3 Order guide but has no pricing and seems to be missing some options. Talking like they are ready to take my order but I think they just want deposits before other dealerships get the customers for this car. I have a 2015 S3 and I'm sure I'm getting an RS3... Black with the gray interior. But I want to go with best dealership rather than who comes first.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hbcucat
Local dealer here in Columbus sent me an RS3 Order guide but has no pricing and seems to be missing some options. Talking like they are ready to take my order but I think they just want deposits before other dealerships get the customers for this car. I have a 2015 S3 and I'm sure I'm getting an RS3... Black with the gray interior. But I want to go with best dealership rather than who comes first.
Did you notice that the RS Design package lists the "safety belts in crimson red" which sounds to me like a completely red belt and not the black with red trim belt that is shown in all the photos. Also it seems a little odd that the 950 "Dynamic Package" just wasn't made to be standard on the vehicle since it's required for many of the other option packs in the list. Not to mention who buys a RS series vehicle and isn't interested in the sport exhaust?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Zephyr007
Did you notice that the RS Design package lists the "safety belts in crimson red" which sounds to me like a completely red belt and not the black with red trim belt that is shown in all the photos. Also it seems a little odd that the 950 "Dynamic Package" just wasn't made to be standard on the vehicle since it's required for many of the other option packs in the list. Not to mention who buys a RS series vehicle and isn't interested in the sport exhaust?
I just looked at it again and see what you are talking about. It also says something about "interior elements in crecendo red".

It seems like they just made all of these "option packages" to make you buy more than what you might really want. Real curious to see the pricing on this stuff before I go blindly ordering ... My guess is that it'll be coming soon. I think black is going to look sweet on this car with the silver exterior accents... Can't wait.

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi RS3 is now on the USA Audi site