Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018 Audi RS3 is now on the USA Audi site

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, looks like the Black Optics package is missing on the 2017 model. Pricing for the Technology package will also a bit lower since side assist will be included in the price on the 2018 model. IMO the up-charge for the Dynamic package is decent and definitely worth the money, not so much for the $600 for carbon inlays.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Placed my order

Went to Byers on the way home from work. I'm on the hook for the black 2017 coming in. Only issue was that it doesn't have the driver assist package which I think I want.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats hbcucat!! I have to admit that I was offered that particular 2017 but opted to pass. Was tempted but wanted another color than the Mythos Black. Awesomely beautiful color as that is on my current S3 but decided I wanted something different this time. I understand the 2017s are what they are. Meaning one can't really select any options for it as the cars are essentially finished and on their they way stateside now or very soon. Very happy for you. Extremely low number coming the US in general. You will be the envy of CBus!

Noticed your mention of your Gallardo. Seems you have a few very fun toys in your garage. :-)

Last edited by Fixeroh; 04-18-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

shivamerlin; $600 for CF inlays is pricey but I thought it would be particularly nice in my car. LOL. And the Dynamic package is a no brainer. And priced reasonably. The Dynamic Plus is another story. I was quite frustrated with this one. The addition of the ceramic brakes to that that package makes it totally unreasonable in my mind. If I recall correctly from the Canadian order sheet posted on this site some weeks ago, the brakes were a totally separate, singular option. Meaning one could get the recommended fixed suspension and remove the speed limiter without buying the ceramic brakes. Not sure why Audi changed that for the US. I don't see a need for $4000 brakes. The brakes on my current S3 are quite capable of stopping my Stage II S3. I don't track and understand some RS3 owners may be inclined to track their car but make the brakes a separate option and let us enjoy the other parts!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Congrats hbcucat!! I have to admit that I was offered that particular 2017 but opted to pass. Was tempted but wanted another color than the Mythos Black. Awesomely beautiful color as that is on my current S3 but decided I wanted something different this time. I understand the 2017s are what they are. Meaning one can't really select any options for it as the cars are essentially finished and on their they way stateside now or very soon. Very happy for you. Extremely low number coming the US in general. You will be the envy of CBus!

Noticed your mention of your Gallardo. Seems you have a few very fun toys in your garage. :-)
Thanks man! Yea I figured why not get this one since it is laid out exactly like what I want. I have a white s3 now so I also wanted something different. We should meet up at the dealership when the car comes in and check it out ! Should be fun
Old 04-18-2017, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Really struggling with Alu-optic vs Black Optic...thoughts?

Old 04-18-2017, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattvandyk
On the blue, I'm actually partial to the aluminium. Black on everything else.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hbcucat: Count on it! Let me know when your RS3 shows up and we'll make a small party at the dealership! LOL. I was told you should see your car in May. Right around the corner!

Dethsupp0rt; Totally agree with your remark about BO on blue. Think Alu for Blue or Black cars but BO for all the other colors. Definitely ditch the front plate frame if possible. Egad, does a front plate totally screw up the grill!
Old 04-18-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mattvandyk

I personally think the Alu-optics make the S and RS cars stand apart from the regular line up, so I am Alu-Optics fanboy hehe
Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
hbcucat: Count on it! Let me know when your RS3 shows up and we'll make a small party at the dealership! LOL. I was told you should see your car in May. Right around the corner!

Dethsupp0rt; Totally agree with your remark about BO on blue. Think Alu for Blue or Black cars but BO for all the other colors. Definitely ditch the front plate frame if possible. Egad, does a front plate totally screw up the grill!
Ok I'll post here when they give me the updates. Yep they are thinking it will show up at the end of next month which would be pretty cool. I have a youtube channel so I'll probably make a short video out of the ordeal.

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi RS3 is now on the USA Audi site