Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018 RS3 Delay-Power seats!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 RS3 Delay-Power seats!

Anyone getting feedback from their dealer that the power seats are delaying their order?????
Old 07-17-2017, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't think power seats was an option...

Originally Posted by Mike Dufour
Anyone getting feedback from their dealer that the power seats are delaying their order?????
Old 07-17-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

In Canada yes- Am told that if I don't go with them- car gets built right away--- if I wait for them it is undetermined when.... my order is in at the moment- 2 months ago...
Old 07-17-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Dufour
In Canada yes- Am told that if I don't go with them- car gets built right away--- if I wait for them it is undetermined when.... my order is in at the moment- 2 months ago...
Got cha. Wasn't sure your location
Old 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More proof that the US gets fewer options/choices than other markets.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I seen this earlier how you're forced for those Super Sport seats in the US which are not powered because Audi wants to make that an S6 and up type feature.

The standard seat of the S3 or the Sport Seat should have been a standard option for the RS3.

Then again Audi USA never listed a Premium Trim for the S3. Imagine, that car should be starting at $38K in a Premium Trim.

I'm slightly annoyed now that most economy cars have caught up and some ways surpassed the entry luxury cars.

I just saw that 2018 Toyota Camry and I'm a little envied that for about as much spent on a A3 Premium, you can get a hell of a nice looking car that looks damn near like a Lexus.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gamegenie
Yeah, I seen this earlier how you're forced for those Super Sport seats in the US which are not powered because Audi wants to make that an S6 and up type feature.

The standard seat of the S3 or the Sport Seat should have been a standard option for the RS3.

Then again Audi USA never listed a Premium Trim for the S3. Imagine, that car should be starting at $38K in a Premium Trim.

I'm slightly annoyed now that most economy cars have caught up and some ways surpassed the entry luxury cars.

I just saw that 2018 Toyota Camry and I'm a little envied that for about as much spent on a A3 Premium, you can get a hell of a nice looking car that looks damn near like a Lexus.
I'm in the USA, and the car comes with the standard sport seats with power unless you order the "S sport" seats without power. My main gripe is that Audi refuses to provide memory with their power seats in the 3 series and some others I believe, which to me negates one of the main benefits of having power seats.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I couldn't find a way to edit my previous message, but it appears I stand corrected. At the time I ordered my RS3 in April/May, the configurator only showed the S Sport seats, but at that time, if you didn't highlight it, the default was standard sport seats (with power). Now it appears that the S Sport seats are the default since you can't "un-highlight" them in the configurator anymore.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This is another reason why I opted for a loaded S3 here in the states- the lack of power seats in a $55K+ luxury sports sedan is ridiculous.

-1 to AOA
Old 07-19-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
This is another reason why I opted for a loaded S3 here in the states- the lack of power seats in a $55K+ luxury sports sedan is ridiculous.

-1 to AOA
Yeah but a "loaded" S3 means having the optional S Sport Seats which are manual.

Quick Reply: 2018 RS3 Delay-Power seats!