Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018 RS3 Delay-Power seats!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Fully loaded sans sport seats option...if only it had memory I'd really be happy.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
Fully loaded sans sport seats option...if only it had memory I'd really be happy.
Yeah I don't think memory function would work too well with manual seats.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manual seats are a performance option. Has nobody ever driven a Porsche with manual seats?! You can get lower to the floor with manual over electric and this is why the RS3 has them. It has nothing to do with price, I work for Audi and this is fact.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

No.
VAG does not have sport seats that are power that were available in the master Audi inventory brand- that is the only reason Audi choose to have manual sport seats. They did not have a choice. When you build a new car you take off the shelf components/inventory items available to your brand to build the new car - one of the only things that was developed new was engine. The Audi sport seats in the RS3 actually are already made for the S3 - sans the RS3 branding.

I can order a 911 GT3 Porsche that we would all agree on is a true sports car, and even that car has available 18 way power sport seats.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Spilner_
Manual seats are a performance option. Has nobody ever driven a Porsche with manual seats?! You can get lower to the floor with manual over electric and this is why the RS3 has them. It has nothing to do with price, I work for Audi and this is fact.
So why not offer both? Porsche does.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TT-RS has 12-way power sport seats
Old 10-26-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Exactly not to mention the S3 as well. I have yet to hear any good reasons for not offering power seats but having said that I'm perfectly happy with the manual sport seats in my ride
Old 10-26-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Timmay
Yeah I don't think memory function would work too well with manual seats.
Yes it does. The manual seats "remember" exactly where you left them"! LOL

I agree that Audi should offer an option for them but let me take this opportunity to weigh in on a couple of things re: the RS3 and the way I evaluated it during the test drive (I hate that spaces are automatically removed so please excuse the numerous periods):

WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ......................MITIGATING ITEM
===============.....................============== =============
Memory Seats ....................................I am primarily the only person who will drive the car
Home Link ..........................................My Porsche doesn't have it so I'm used to that lack of functionality
More Rear Seat Room .........................My boys are all grown and grandkids will fit just fine for the life of ownership
MORE Trunk Space ............................The rear seats fold down and its usually only my wife and me anyway

Overwhelming Mitigating Factor --- the ENGINE and the SOUND it makes!!!

I do agree that a car this expensive should have some of these items (as mentioned above, other "lesser" cars have them as standard or as options) but in the final analysis, this did not keep me from ordering the RS3. Your mileage will definitely vary as other opinions are always welcomed.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an S3 with power seats and I debated over super sports seats. The only difference between the two is the back of the seat, it looks cool and offers a wee bit more side support. The seat on both styles is the same and I could not wrap my head around $1,500.00 Cdn for the option SS seats. I am 6 feet tall and I could easily lower my power seats more if I so desired but I would way too low for my desired view of the outside. Also memory should be included.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman
......Also memory should be included.
Just to confirm, your power seats have memory option, right?

Quick Reply: 2018 RS3 Delay-Power seats!