Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018 RS3 held at port!

Old 03-07-2018, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel your pain, I ordered mine June 2017 and I am still waiting on it. The car has been sitting in Davisville now since early January with no end in site according to my dealer.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by skipcut
Feel your pain, I ordered mine June 2017 and I am still waiting on it. The car has been sitting in Davisville now since early January with no end in site according to my dealer.
My rs3 is parked at Davisville, as well. I’m feeling pretty optimistic I’ll have my car before April. Only 6 days until the software is available. I have a stack of boxes piling up over here...
Old 03-07-2018, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Unfair: good news is since it is snowing today and the roads in Ohio right now are so potholed I can't really drive it anyway!! End of March would work well, cross fingers!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by skipcut
Unfair: good news is since it is snowing today and the roads in Ohio right now are so potholed I can't really drive it anyway!! End of March would work well, cross fingers!
snowing in NH, as well. I have some winter wheels with snow tires waiting for me at the dealership in case winter never ends. I’m not waiting any longer than necessary to drive it! I hope you opted for wheel and tire insurance at Audi $50 deductible!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

you guys will be seeing your cars soon, fear not. Software update is forthcoming
Old 03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Anybody heard this one?

My RS3 arrives in port (U.S.) on Friday. The dealer rep tells me it "has to go through EPA approval" and they don't know how long that will take. Is that even a thing, on a car by car basis?
Old 03-08-2018, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Rynjim
My RS3 arrives in port (U.S.) on Friday. The dealer rep tells me it "has to go through EPA approval" and they don't know how long that will take. Is that even a thing, on a car by car basis?
yes, it's a thing

there is a software update forthcoming, then the vehicles will be released. Release to dealer arrival can vary between days and weeks depending on multiple factors
Old 03-08-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks. Reading the posts above, I wasn't sure if my dealer was talking about the same issue that has given rise to the port hold. Any concern that the software update might impact performance?
Old 03-08-2018, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
yes, it's a thing

there is a software update forthcoming, then the vehicles will be released. Release to dealer arrival can vary between days and weeks depending on multiple factors
Is it true that in addition to the RS3, the S3 and the R8's have been on port hold since early December? Since the S3 and the 2018 Golf R have the same motor, I wonder if that it also why the Golf Rs have been sitting at the ports for months and no US VW dealership has received a single one. From what I understand both Audi and VW have given their dealers virtually zero information while customers with deposits become more and more frustrated as the weeks and months go by.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GiftCard
Is it true that in addition to the RS3, the S3 and the R8's have been on port hold since early December? Since the S3 and the 2018 Golf R have the same motor, I wonder if that it also why the Golf Rs have been sitting at the ports for months and no US VW dealership has received a single one. From what I understand both Audi and VW have given their dealers virtually zero information while customers with deposits become more and more frustrated as the weeks and months go by.
Not the S3. The TTRS, RS3 and R8 have been held at port. There's no news of the S3 being held.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 RS3 held at port!