Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018 RS3 held at port!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmay
I like how there is no other contact at Audi NA when someone is on vacation.

there is plenty of contact personnel available...but dealers have area rep's, and that is who is tasked with keeping dealers updated.

The official word everyone was given was: "RS3s
will get a software update late next week, and we are hopeful that we can have them flowing to your stores by the beginning of April (outside chance of an end of March arrival, but we can't count on that - but we will stay close to it, and I'll provide updates as they become available."

So perhaps some dealers chose to pick and choose what info from the above was passed on to the customer. I don't know. I have a car I am waiting for...I gave the above info to that client when I found it 8 days ago (to the day). If it arrives early, cool. If not, so be it. It is not something within my control, nor a customer control, and likely not even fully within Audi NA's control, so it sort of is what it is.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, and stating that "it is what it is" is a BS stance. Customers deserve better IMHO. Whether it's someone within Audi NA or not, AUDI in general needs to keep everyone informed and there ought to be more transparency, period.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree it sucks to wait...I am waiting too. But given that it's not within my control, there is nothing for me to be gained by agonizing over it.

The information has been out there for awhile, and at least in our region, we have been given periodic updates.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
there is plenty of contact personnel available...but dealers have area rep's, and that is who is tasked with keeping dealers updated.

The official word everyone was given was: "RS3s
will get a software update late next week, and we are hopeful that we can have them flowing to your stores by the beginning of April (outside chance of an end of March arrival, but we can't count on that - but we will stay close to it, and I'll provide updates as they become available."

So perhaps some dealers chose to pick and choose what info from the above was passed on to the customer. I don't know. I have a car I am waiting for...I gave the above info to that client when I found it 8 days ago (to the day). If it arrives early, cool. If not, so be it. It is not something within my control, nor a customer control, and likely not even fully within Audi NA's control, so it sort of is what it is.
To be fair, that is exactly what my dealer rep told me, except he added that his area rep was on vacation so he couldn't get more detail (It just sounds like there is no more detail to be had). I am patient due to the weather and wasn't expecting my RS3 until early April anyway, so I can't complain like the guys whose cars have been sitting since January. Nonetheless, Audi ought to know that the average RS3 ordering customer is a serious enthusiast. If you tell such a person the truth, that there is X, Y or Z issue and we want to fix it before you take delivery, I think most would say "bravo, thanks for being straight with me", and would be pretty patient.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

All the port holds will be removed by tomorrow, and cars will begin their transit to dealerships this week.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

All the port holds will be removed by tomorrow, and cars will begin their transit to dealerships this week.
I just got the call from my sales guy who said his area manager had just called him. Same message. Now, will we ever know the 'why'?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AwestinTX
I just got the call from my sales guy who said his area manager had just called him. Same message. Now, will we ever know the 'why'?
I didn't have a chance to ask, as I had a hectic morning. If I can find out, I'll let you guys know.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I didn't have a chance to ask, as I had a hectic morning. If I can find out, I'll let you guys know.

i just went went through this thread - what a different experience everybody has had.

i walked in to the dealer I’ve been talking with in the Toronto area for the past month - switched my desired color combo that I was looking at getting, and she told me they just got one in that matched what I wanted. Walked in this past Friday, bought it, and am picking it up this Friday. Car is still wrapped from the truck!

hope you all get yours soon!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Cars are now beginning to clear customs. Hopefully ours is here Friday
Old 03-20-2018, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Cars are now beginning to clear customs. Hopefully ours is here Friday

After reading through this, man, I hope you all get it soon. I’m fired up to join the club. Having so many lucid dreams after watching every single video on the internet of the exhaust. I did get a decent test drive in, it not enough to hold me over!

Quick Reply: 2018 RS3 held at port!