Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2019 RS3 delays and discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2019 RS3 delays and discounts

Hi All, been thinking about getting back into an Audi after several years away. I am looking at the RS3 as a replacement for my 2016 M3 Comp once the lease ends in June. With all the threads on here about production delays I was wondering if anyone has negotiated any sort of discounts? Currently the few dealers in california I have contacted only one has gotten back to me and they do have allocation but thus far aren't willing to budge from MSRP. Also they gave me a June/July delivery date which from what I see here is probably not right.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a4 4snow
Hi All, been thinking about getting back into an Audi after several years away. I am looking at the RS3 as a replacement for my 2016 M3 Comp once the lease ends in June. With all the threads on here about production delays I was wondering if anyone has negotiated any sort of discounts? Currently the few dealers in california I have contacted only one has gotten back to me and they do have allocation but thus far aren't willing to budge from MSRP. Also they gave me a June/July delivery date which from what I see here is probably not right.
Hi A4-

I had a 2017 F80 M3 ZCP and even though I miss it, I must say there is no replacement for all wheel drive traction.

I am in a different market than you but I was able to negotiate a 3% discount back when I placed my 2019 RS3 order in November. At this point I don't think the dealerships know much about anything when it comes to giving an accurate ETA.

-Phil
Old 01-16-2019, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baylorguy
Hi A4-

I had a 2017 F80 M3 ZCP and even though I miss it, I must say there is no replacement for all wheel drive traction.

I am in a different market than you but I was able to negotiate a 3% discount back when I placed my 2019 RS3 order in November. At this point I don't think the dealerships know much about anything when it comes to giving an accurate ETA.

-Phil
Thanks Phil, seems like there are lots of former M3 owners here, I have yet to drive a RS3 but hoping the ride and shifting is better than the M3 ZCP as that's one of the main reasons I am moving on from my M3. Also missing quatro, the 444 hp does not like to hook unless it's perfect out.

Spamed a few dealers yesterday and without any negotiating was offered 2% off so things are looking a bit better hopefully they actually have allocations.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was offered allocation at sticker, what geography dealers are you guys getting the discounts on the ordered cars from?
Old 01-16-2019, 08:01 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

a4 4snow,

I think you are going to find that just about anything you are right now told by an Audi Dealer is NOT going to be based on any FACTS buddy.
The Audi Dealers don't anymore know what's going on as I type this than we do.

If you are fortunate enough to get a dealer to discount the 2019 RS3 you might want to get that confirmed in writing or go ahead and make it an official contract.

Stay-Tuned on these RS3 threads and as time marches by some of us will be posting Facts ............

Terry
Old 01-16-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
I was offered allocation at sticker, what geography dealers are you guys getting the discounts on the ordered cars from?
I'm looking in california, seems like spamming dealers tends to work and having them negotiate for your business. Hate doing it this way but seems to be the only thing that works, at least with my last 3 car purchases in the last 2 years. I should note for special cars like the RS3 you need to make sure they have allocations, in other vehicles I have bought it was more did they have something on the lot or transit I wanted.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm looking in california, seems like spamming dealers tends to work and having them negotiate for your business. Hate doing it this way but seems to be the only thing that works, at least with my last 3 car purchases in the last 2 years. I should note for special cars like the RS3 you need to make sure they have allocations, in other vehicles I have bought it was more did they have something on the lot or transit I wanted.

​​​​​​That is how I do it too. I like to get it in writing before even setting foot in the dealer
Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

​​​​​​That is how I do it too. I like to get it in writing before even setting foot in the dealer
My M3 Comp I ordered and signed docs without ever seeing the dealer which was 300 miles away. The only time I saw the dealer or sales people was 6 months after placing my PO when I picked up my new car. No need to step foot in a dealer if you know what you want, which also can help negotiations as it costs them very little. If you take a lot of time with a sales person its costing the dealer money and they want to recuperate it in the sale of the vehicle.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

My M3 Comp I ordered and signed docs without ever seeing the dealer which was 300 miles away. The only time I saw the dealer or sales people was 6 months after placing my PO when I picked up my new car. No need to step foot in a dealer if you know what you want, which also can help negotiations as it costs them very little. If you take a lot of time with a sales person its costing the dealer money and they want to recuperate it in the sale of the vehicle.
Yep, excellent points. That will pretty much be how my RS3 order will go down. Have not seen the dealer or dealership (about 80 miles away) but thus far they have been exceptional with customer service... unlike the dealers that are local to me.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi A4-

-Phil
Thanks Phil for the numbers, I officially finalized my order over the weekend at a 3% discount and at a dealer that is 20 min from my house. They even had a used 2018 RS3 for sale I was able to take on a test loop. I am not sure if I held out longer that I would get more of a discount but that's always the risk. Fortunately for me I have other vehicles and still get to enjoy my M3 ZCP till the new car comes.

Quick Reply: 2019 RS3 delays and discounts