Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2019 RS3 delays and discounts

Old 03-07-2019, 06:57 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Originally Posted by a4 4snow View Post
Totally agree with this, hell the longer I wait the more cars come out from competitors that I think to myself maybe I should just get one of those... RS5 and X3M, are on my radar should my order slip anymore... hell the dealer down the street has a bunch of C63s I'm sure I could get a good deal on. Then reality sets in and I still have till end of June when my M3 lease is up, and my BMW dealer is trying to convince me to get a M3 CS since they have had 3 sitting on the lot for the last 3 months... first world problems
Originally Posted by Sinister#4 View Post
It's been a VERY upsetting buying experience for sure, all we wanted was a semi firm date and honest answers, when you see many C63's,RS5's and M4's sitting there with discounts pisses you off you can't even get a straight answer on a car you ordered in October............if it was not for our severe winter and a ton of snow I would have canceled the order by now
a4 4snow & Sinister#4,

Well guys as we all know there are lots & lots of performance cars on the market now days to choose from.
And in my case I have had a lot of cars over the years in many-many brands and did enjoy them for sure.
The reason I'm waiting on the RS3 is simple ...........
I want a car the size of our Golf R sedan.
I am never-ever having another large car Coupe or Sedan I'm over those.
So, as I take all the available cars into consideration the RS3 ALWAYS fits my wants, desires, needs PERFECT !!!

I totally understand others though that are Fed-Up with the WAITING and the ****-Poor-Communication from Audi.
If we did not have the Golf R sitting in the garage and I really-really needed the RS3 in my case I would have simply did a Nation-Wide-Search
and picked the most loaded-up 2018 RS3 and bought it.
Flew to wherever it was and drove it back home.
And I did locate a 100% Loaded-Up 2018 RS3 with even a Custom Color, Brand-New on the Show-Room-Floor.
Seems it was like $72,000.00 US Dollars.

Anyway, fellows this is and has been overly tiring to you guys for sure.

I'm going to wait,
Terry

I found that 2018 RS3 I spoke of above.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-07-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

so what happens to our "price" if while waiting the tariff's kick in at oh lets say 20% ? Theres no way in hell i'm paying that............
Old 03-08-2019, 07:17 AM

so what happens to our "price" if while waiting the tariff's kick in at oh lets say 20% ? Theres no way in hell i'm paying that............
Sinister#4,

I cannot imagine any additional Tariffs but as you say if that did take place and they were 20% I would then have to probably CANCEL my RS3.

I'm a more positive thinking fellow though and I really just don't see anything like that happening.

It would be so very-very-very NICE though if Audi would simply Step-Forward and ANNOUNCE to all their Audi US Dealerships that they have finally started the 2019 RS3 production.

That's really what I would be so pleased with seeing either watching a video on You-tube or from my local Audi Dealership.

Terry
Old 03-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey all,

Posted in this in another thread, but I figured I would post it here too. Just wanted to add my ordering experience so far and what my dealer has recently told me. I put an order for my 2019 RS3 on Nov 18th of last year. It has still not been put into production week. I reached out to my dealer and he told me there are 52 RS3s in California that are still not in production and only 8 so far have been produced and are in transit. Their factory rep will reach out to me later this month and I'll hopefully get a better update. Keep up the good wait gentlemen! It will all be worth it.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by naudirs3 View Post
Hey all,

Posted in this in another thread, but I figured I would post it here too. Just wanted to add my ordering experience so far and what my dealer has recently told me. I put an order for my 2019 RS3 on Nov 18th of last year. It has still not been put into production week. I reached out to my dealer and he told me there are 52 RS3s in California that are still not in production and only 8 so far have been produced and are in transit. Their factory rep will reach out to me later this month and I'll hopefully get a better update. Keep up the good wait gentlemen! It will all be worth it.
naudirs3,

That was my main Thread you also posted on.
I just responded ..............

Terry
Old 03-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey gang -

I have an update on my end. I now have a production week, which is 1619. That puts me:

Production Complete 4/19/2019
Ship Departure 4/29/2019
Domestic Port Arrival 5/23/2019

Looks like late May/early June for me. Interestingly, the status sheet still shows Holds Type: Distribution.

-Phil
Old 03-12-2019, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Hey gang -

I have an update on my end. I now have a production week, which is 1619. That puts me:

Production Complete 4/19/2019
Ship Departure 4/29/2019
Domestic Port Arrival 5/23/2019

Looks like late May/early June for me. Interestingly, the status sheet still shows Holds Type: Distribution.

-Phil
Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting your Up-Dated information buddy.
Looks like you are in the Driver's seat come June 2019 !!!

Terry
Old 03-14-2019, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

If this actually happen then I would for sure cancel my order and get a X3M which will be produced in the US factory from what I can tell.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got this yesterday looks like my date slipped again ... seems like it keeps going back and forth or my SA keeps grabbing info from another car...

Ship Departure 05/14/2019 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived 06/25/2019 (ETA)

Should arrive to the dealer 10-15 days after this.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by a4 4snow View Post
Got this yesterday looks like my date slipped again ... seems like it keeps going back and forth or my SA keeps grabbing info from another car...

Ship Departure 05/14/2019 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived 06/25/2019 (ETA)

Should arrive to the dealer 10-15 days after this.
I would ask for the full status sheet. If you have a build week assigned, I would think production should be solidified.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 RS3 delays and discounts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: