Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

A3 sport suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default A3 sport suspension

I am considering a 2016 A3 P+ with the sport package, which includes a sport suspension. My question(s): Is this the same suspension as the S3 has? Does anyone have an A3 with the sport suspension that could tell me how stiff or firm it is? I am not concerned with the abruptness of the ride motions so much as with the fear that a sport/stiff suspension could lead to rattles and the eventual loosening of dashboard bits, etc. I am kind of a nut on demanding a ”bank vault” tight body and trim pieces and fear that a stiff suspension could compromise the sense of body rigidity. I will be leasing, so as long as the car would last 3 years before vibrating or jolting itself apart I would be OK I guess.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2015, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an A3 and that package, get it. You won't be disappointed. It's actually quite soft.

Which would make a sport-package-less A3 even softer, probably has body roll which is bad.

Plus you get sport seats, paddle shifter, and Drive Select.

I thank my stars that my dealer ignored my ignorance when I was trying to get that option removed back when they added Sport Suspension to the option.

I think Audi knew that option needed and it does.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
I have an A3 and that package, get it. You won't be disappointed. It's actually quite soft.

Which would make a sport-package-less A3 even softer, probably has body roll which is bad.

Plus you get sport seats, paddle shifter, and Drive Select.

I thank my stars that my dealer ignored my ignorance when I was trying to get that option removed back when they added Sport Suspension to the option.

I think Audi knew that option needed and it does.
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the sport suspension will be OK if I do go with an A3.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I have an A3 Quattro premium with just the $250 sport suspension add on.

I can confirm it drives more firm that a non-sport since I test drove both back to back, and had a non sport loaner. Sport is way better without having the ride be too rough. I will say the rear dampers still leave a bit to be desired. the rebound is a little lofty. But overall a great road presence. I still desire more, so down the road a beefier rear bar I think will suit my driving style. But for most id say oem sport is very well designed.

Check this page here: VWVortex.com - I'm Devin, this is my A3.

Post #19 - I was able to confirm that my sport suspension A3 has S3 F&R sway bars, in addition to just sport springs (which is all the audi website and order guide seem to imply). Springs and sway bars - not bad at all for $250.

I have not been able to confirm any difference in struts, but I have my part numbers if any non-sport A3's would like to compare.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it. Even with the sport suspension, the body roll / float is noticeable when cornering at speed, particularly on poor pavement. Without the sport suspension, I think we'd be in Toyota Camry territory.