Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Advice on A3 Cabriolet purchase

Old 03-15-2019, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Advice on A3 Cabriolet purchase

I just want opinions from Audi fans/friends here. Which to choose?
I started my search for an Audi 3 Cabrio and found a premium model
in Tango Red. It has the tech and wheel package but mainly a base model.
Itís an 18 - brand new. All week I had my mind on it but the car may already be sold.
Iíll know tomorrow.
Meanwhile, after leaving the dealer, I learned they have a well equipped nano grey cabrio -
premium plus with wheel, convenience-and tech pkgs and side assist/blind spot and sports package.
It is about 5k more - but has all the features Iíd like - But itís not my weekend cruiser red.
Can I grow to like the nano grey? Which would you prefer? I know itís my
decision but Iíd really like your thoughts! Iíve never seen the nano in person.Thanks for your time
Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My advice is don't buy new. If you are looking at an A3 convertible you probably aren't absolutely rolling in dough, so do yourself a favor and find something with 10 or 20k on the clock, a returned lease ideally. You will save a boatload of cash, especially going as base as possible and making an offer by email without showing them your face.

If you actually are rolling in dough, well, damn, must be nice. Get the gray one. Don't short yourself any major options you are going into it wanting.

Why not red? Because there are silver A pillars on all colors and it upsets my OCD:

Will look much nicer in Nano Grey but best in Floret Silver Metallic, imho:

Old 03-16-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Thank you

Thank you for the reply. Iím trying for the gray. Second choice is red. Iíll let you know on Monday!

If you actually are rolling in dough, well, damn, must be nice. Get the gray one. Don't short yourself any major options you are going into it wanting.

Why not red? Because there are silver A pillars on all colors and it upsets my OCD:

Will look much nicer in Nano Grey but best in Floret Silver Metallic, imho:

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-18-2019, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have 15 Audi A3 Cabrio in red. I really think if youíre going so far as to get a Cabrio you should get an exciting color. The silver trim that wraps around the cockpit (where the top rests when itís up) and the silver a pillars really pop against the red exterior.

I do auggest buying a year year or two old with some miles. These cars depreciate really quickly the first few years but then level off a bit.

Also regarding packages, Iíd say you might want at least a premium plus model as the blind spots are no joke in this car. No b pillar is nice but he mirrors are somewhat small. Even with my mirrors adjusted correctly there are times things pop up on me because he back window is so small. Having he blind spot lights is nice.

Last edited by Damien Clark; 03-18-2019 at 06:01 AM.