Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone else having troubles downloading map updates from the MyAudi website?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone else having troubles downloading map updates from the MyAudi website?

Proud owner of a new 2016 S3 here. If you go to my.audiusa.com and log in, you can download map updates to your computer, which you can then put on an SD card and upload to your car. You can do this for free "for the first five updates" after your car is released, which at a release rate of every 6 months means 3 years of free map updates. Cool.

I really just wanted to check and see if there was even an update available, but when I get to the 'prepare package' step of the process, my browser tries to download the web page (a .JNLP file) instead of execute it. Firefox, IE and Edge all have this problem. If I try to force the browser to run the file instead (by adding it to the path of the browser), I'm taken to a german-language error page. It's all very broken.

Any suggestions? Has this worked for anyone else yet?
Old 09-12-2015, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turguin
Proud owner of a new 2016 S3 here. If you go to my.audiusa.com and log in, you can download map updates to your computer, which you can then put on an SD card and upload to your car. You can do this for free "for the first five updates" after your car is released, which at a release rate of every 6 months means 3 years of free map updates. Cool.

I really just wanted to check and see if there was even an update available, but when I get to the 'prepare package' step of the process, my browser tries to download the web page (a .JNLP file) instead of execute it. Firefox, IE and Edge all have this problem. If I try to force the browser to run the file instead (by adding it to the path of the browser), I'm taken to a german-language error page. It's all very broken.

Any suggestions? Has this worked for anyone else yet?
Download the JNLP and then run it. It will open a Java app on your computer and download the actual data.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Download the JNLP and then run it. It will open a Java app on your computer and download the actual data.
Ah... you need to install Java. That's a real shame. Thanks for the answer.