Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone else waiting for 2018 S3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else waiting for 2018 S3?

My car is listed as having arrived at port on 7/17 and is listed as having a distribution hold with no ETA on being released. It seems likely that Audi is waiting until after the summer sale is over and they have sold off more 2017s, although my local dealers have almost no 2017 S3s left. Anyone else have info from a dealer?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

September build....November delivery here in Canada...
Old 08-22-2017, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

It is more likely that the US Gov't. / EPA is just holding cars in port to continue to punish Audi / VAG for the diesel cheat. Audi does not want cars on the ground that are sold not being delivered, that just costs them lots of money.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dkrl
My car is listed as having arrived at port on 7/17 and is listed as having a distribution hold with no ETA on being released. It seems likely that Audi is waiting until after the summer sale is over and they have sold off more 2017s, although my local dealers have almost no 2017 S3s left. Anyone else have info from a dealer?

I am in the same situation as you. My 2018 S3 has been sitting in the Port of Houston since 7/12 on a distribution hold with no delivery dates. When I asked why, I was initially told "2017 inventory reduction". When I complained, all the way to AOA President Scott Keogh that this was not an acceptable reason for a "sold car", I was contacted by NW Regional Sales Manager who explained it was on hold pending EPA/CARB approval.

Last Friday (August 18th) CARB approved 2018 S3s! (see attachment). EPA has listed 2018 S3 mileage info for some time (but I'm not sure if this constitutes approval).

TODAY (moments ago), my salesman told me my status just changed so I now have a "Release to Carrier" date of 8/24 (ETA). He cautioned me that ETA is not yet a hard date.

I suggest you request a status update from your salesman. Keep your fingers crossed!
Attached Files
Old 08-22-2017, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the info. My salesman had mentioned the EPA issue, but now kind of acknowledged it might be related to an inventory issue. In any event, as of yesterday my salesman told me there was no change in status, and my salesman sent me a screenshot of the car's status and it noted that the car was released to carrier with an ETA of 7/28--so at least for my car at the port in Rhode Island, the release date hasn't turned out to mean much. Hope you have better luck.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dkrl
Thanks for the info. My salesman had mentioned the EPA issue, but now kind of acknowledged it might be related to an inventory issue. In any event, as of yesterday my salesman told me there was no change in status, and my salesman sent me a screenshot of the car's status and it noted that the car was released to carrier with an ETA of 7/28--so at least for my car at the port in Rhode Island, the release date hasn't turned out to mean much. Hope you have better luck.

I should also have said, my status no longer shows a hold and I have an ETA delivery date to my dealer.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by FlorS3
I should also have said, my status no longer shows a hold and I have an ETA delivery date to my dealer.
Just found out my car was released today and got an ETA for delivery at the dealer next week.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am in the same situation as you. My 2018 S3 has been sitting in the Port of Houston since 7/12 on a distribution hold with no delivery dates. When I asked why, I was initially told "2017 inventory reduction". When I complained, all the way to AOA President Scott Keogh that this was not an acceptable reason for a "sold car", I was contacted by NW Regional Sales Manager who explained it was on hold pending EPA/CARB approval.

Last Friday (August 18th) CARB approved 2018 S3s! (see attachment). EPA has listed 2018 S3 mileage info for some time (but I'm not sure if this constitutes approval).

TODAY (moments ago), my salesman told me my status just changed so I now have a "Release to Carrier" date of 8/24 (ETA). He cautioned me that ETA is not yet a hard date.

I suggest you request a status update from your salesman. Keep your fingers crossed!
I wonder if Hurricane Harvey will affect any of those cars in the Houston port.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Originally Posted by quakelesan
I wonder if Hurricane Harvey will affect any of those cars in the Houston port.

Your comment is rather unhelpful considering the possibility my S3 may not make it out of Houston before the storm arrives :<(

I have waited over five months for my S3 due to model year changeover - Audi cancelled my 2017 order (submitted in March) and re-submitted it as a 2018 and then having to wait for CARB approval of 2018 model year. Unless my luck has changed, my wait may be even longer to have another one built and shipped to the US to replace the storm damaged vehicle that sat in Houston for over six weeks! If that happens, it may be time to consider other options.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Your comment is rather unhelpful considering the possibility my S3 may not make it out of Houston before the storm arrives :<(

I have waited over five months for my S3 due to model year changeover - Audi cancelled my 2017 order (submitted in March) and re-submitted it as a 2018 and then having to wait for CARB approval of 2018 model year. Unless my luck has changed, my wait may be even longer to have another one built and shipped to the US to replace the storm damaged vehicle that sat in Houston for over six weeks! If that happens, it may be time to consider other options.
I'm exactly in the same situation as you are. My order was placed back in March and my car was just sitting in the Port of Houston.