Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone have the part number for these TTRS steering wheel controls?

Old 04-11-2019, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone have the part number for these TTRS steering wheel controls?

They are pretty rad... And they would look great on a TTS steering wheel with rs3 paddle shifters... In full leather with grey stitching to match my s3..
If anyone has any information about them: part numbers, installation requirements (Vag coding?), etc..
I've found some pretty cheap TTS steering wheels on EBay with airbags, and the rs3 paddles can be sourced easily, but I need these controls/buttons to complete the setup. I am aware of the double button version for each side. But I prefer the more simple single button setup as seen in the pic attached. Also, there are 2 variants for the airbag cover. 1 is leather and the other is the more common plastic. I would need the leather version (which is seen in the pic below as well) Does anyone have the part# for that leather cover?

Thanks!

Last edited by markN1689; 04-11-2019 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There's a thread over on audi-sport.net about swapping steering wheels with the TTRS, which looks pretty good:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...he-rs3.376792/

And there's this place that sells some bolt-on controls:

https://europrice.us/steering-wheels...facelift-style
Old 04-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 180 Posts

Fitting the controls to a TT/TTS Mk3 wheel won't be as easy as just buying the controls unfortunately. The center trim must be purchased as well, then there is wiring, also the multi-function controls on the TTRS/R8 wheels are unique as they work with the additional satellite controls. At that point you just want a TTRS or R8 wheel all together with the controls, BUT then you have issues with the satellite controls actually working. I have been working with a manufacturer that is still beta testing a control module that hopefully someday is ready for release that will make the satellite controls work on many models. At the moment it is yet to be working 100%.

As mentioned in the post below there are add-on controls for the 8V wheels. These controls are fitted to a base that attaches them to 8V wheels. The controls are converted to a wireless system internally. They communicate with a control module that is mounted in the car. That module then outputs to the systems involved, start switch, drive select switch or module, exhaust valves and ESP button. There's more than a few customers running that setup now with pre and post-facelift 8V wheels.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to let me know here or via PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 04-12-2019, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Fitting the controls to a TT/TTS Mk3 wheel won't be as easy as just buying the controls unfortunately. The center trim must be purchased as well, then there is wiring, also the multi-function controls on the TTRS/R8 wheels are unique as they work with the additional satellite controls. At that point you just want a TTRS or R8 wheel all together with the controls, BUT then you have issues with the satellite controls actually working. I have been working with a manufacturer that is still beta testing a control module that hopefully someday is ready for release that will make the satellite controls work on many models. At the moment it is yet to be working 100%.

As mentioned in the post below there are add-on controls for the 8V wheels. These controls are fitted to a base that attaches them to 8V wheels. The controls are converted to a wireless system internally. They communicate with a control module that is mounted in the car. That module then outputs to the systems involved, start switch, drive select switch or module, exhaust valves and ESP button. There's more than a few customers running that setup now with pre and post-facelift 8V wheels.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to let me know here or via PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,
Hi Alex
Thanks- that is some great information. At this point I am just doing research. I'm still working in China and the car is in The Vault in SoCal. I would hate to lose any button functionality. And I can not do the alcantara wheel from the ttrs or the air leather either. Needs to be full leather with grey stitching. Not a major priority but it would be nice in the future.

So if I bought a full setup from the site would it be plug and play? What if any button functionality would i lose? I have NAV but its a 15 so no virtual cockpit.

Last edited by markN1689; 04-12-2019 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 180 Posts

My suggestion would be to build a wheel. Use an S post-facelift wheel:

Steering Wheel | Post-Facelift S Flat-Bottom

Then add on the performance controls to that wheel:

Controls | Post-Facelift Flat-Bottom Performance

That would keep all your current multi-function controls working, get you the working R8/TTRS satellite controls and also the smooth leather with grey stitching.

Cheers,