Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 12:20 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...

Hello,

I have actually now as of yesterday (Saturday 1-5-2019) placed my order for the 2019 RS3.
I did this with Audi Nashville part of the Sonic Group.
I have been waiting on the G/M (General Manager) to give me a confirmed call on my trade-in and he did that yesterday (Saturday).
I said yes and he (Robert Hartman) and one of his salesman (Trey Lee) drove over to my house and picked up my trade and also we (Officially) signed the Buyers-order.
I have previously owned several of the S4s which I loved years ago.
And some other older Audi cars many-many years ago I'm an older fellow.
From my understanding they (Audi) might be actually starting or already started production this month.
Given that's the correct information I was told my RS3 will be here between 90-120 days (March-April) once the order is placed this coming week.
In my case even though this might come across some as strange that time frame I don't really mind as it will give us time to further set aside more Cash for the purchase.

I have looked into the TTRS like 1 1/2 years ago but being an old "Muscle-Car-Guy" I decided to get my last Muscle-Car and it was a Challenger Hellcat.
Lots and lots of fun and I had it for 1-year and drove it a total of 2,148 miles so it was not worn-out that's for sure. LOL !!!
This time around since my wife (Cathy) has a new VW Golf R which she loves and of course I have put a lot of the miles on it as well.
I decided to step away from a Coupe as I want what I refer to as a User-Friendly, easy to see out of Sedan.
The RS3 is FAST, Nimble, Quattro, with all the Modern amenities so this time around I decided it was really the ONLY-Choice !!!

Below are pictures for those interested.

The Golf R is going to have what I would call, A-Big-Brother.

(Left to Right)
Robert Hartman G/M, Me & Trey Lee Sales.

(Left to Right)
Trey & Robert ready to leave with the Hellcat back to Audi Nashville.

2019 RS3 actual build.

Tango Red Metallic
RS Design Selection Interior
Driver Assistance Package
Technology Package
Dynamic Package
Red Air Vents
Extended Leather Package
RS Front Floor Mats
Red Seat Belts
Audi Sport Carbon Inlays
Audi Adaptive Cruise Control
Forward Collision Warning Incl,
Autonomous Emergency Braking, for Adaptive Cruise Control "High"
Audi Side Assist and Audi Active Lane Assist
High-Beam Assistant
Mirror Camera for Adaptive Cruise Control
Audi Connect
Audi Virtual Cockpit (12.3" LCD Full Digital Instrument Cluster with up to three Visual Modes:
Infotainment and Classic. S, RS and R8 Models also offer Sport Mode
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
MMI Navigation Plus
MMI Radio Plus with ten speakers and single CD player with MP3 playback capability
19" 5-Arm-Blade-Design Titanium wheels
Front Red brake Calibers
Rear Red brake Calibers
RS Model oval exhaust tips

Tango Red Metallic

A very-very Happy Camper,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-06-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Spelling of course as usual. LOL !!!
Old 01-06-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations! I have just about the identical car for a 2018 model. I also feel this is a "big brother" to the Golf R (I once drove side by side by one on the highway and both of us kept looking at each other's car. I gave the R driver a big smile and thumbs up, and he did the exact same thing).

I did a lot of research to make sure I'm not missing out on anything. I love 2-door cars but hated stuffing people in the back seats. I can't get over how attractive the RS3 is, especially in red on black. The noise, the speed, the fact that it drives like a little sport luxury sedan when in Comfort mode, and how fast it is! Audi shows a 0-60 time of 3.9 for the RS3, 3.8 for the RS5, and 3.7 for the RS7! Top speeds are limited to 155 or 174 for all 3 depending on options! This is why I love this car. It's a little supercar in hiding! And yet, still a perfect all-around car. There's just nothing really like it at all at this price point.

I hope you are as happy as I am with your RS3 when it arrives, if not more!
Old 01-06-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Terry,

Congratulations on ordering your new Luxury Hot Rod RS3.
As you know I love that car and almost got one myself two years ago.
I settled for the Golf R and am very happy with that car.
Really, my only real regret is that the R doesn't have that lovely 5-cylinder engine.

Your muscle car days may be over but my guess is that you will get a LOT more driving enjoyment out of the RS3.
Happy days are coming my friend and I know you are going to love the visibility, all-wheel drive, and the sound of that engine.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 01-07-2019, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Raidin
Congratulations! I have just about the identical car for a 2018 model.
(also feel this is a "big brother" to the Golf R (I once drove side by side by one on the highway and both of us kept looking at each other's car.
I gave the R driver a big smile and thumbs up, and he did the exact same thing).
The Golf R is the real-deal for sure.
It's actually my wife's but obviously I put a lot of the miles on it.
We both totally love it and for the price it cannot be beat that's for sure

I did a lot of research to make sure I'm not missing out on anything. I love 2-door cars but hated stuffing people in the back seats. I can't get over how attractive the RS3 is, especially in red on black. The noise, the speed, the fact that it drives like a little sport luxury sedan when in Comfort mode, and how fast it is! Audi shows a 0-60 time of 3.9 for the RS3, 3.8 for the RS5, and 3.7 for the RS7! Top speeds are limited to 155 or 174 for all 3 depending on options! This is why I love this car. It's a little supercar in hiding! And yet, still a perfect all-around car. There's just nothing really like it at all at this price point.
Yes, the TTRS is awesome for sure,
We looked at one maybe 1 1/2 years ago same Audi Dealership but I went with the Challenger Hellcat.
I wanted my last Muscle-Car.
The TTRS I really-really like but like you said it's not what I think of as a super usable car.
Maybe I should also say that it's exactly what it should be for a Sports Coupe.
I wanted something just like our Golf R but even more of a (BEAST) !!!

I hope you are as happy as I am with your RS3 when it arrives, if not more!
Thanks and we are both looking forward to the day it arrives for sure.
Below is when Cathy and I went and looked at the TTRS at Audi Nashville.

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR
Hi Terry,

Congratulations on ordering your new Luxury Hot Rod RS3.
As you know I love that car and almost got one myself two years ago.
I settled for the Golf R and am very happy with that car.
Really, my only real regret is that the R doesn't have that lovely 5-cylinder engine.

Your muscle car days may be over but my guess is that you will get a LOT more driving enjoyment out of the RS3.
Happy days are coming my friend and I know you are going to love the visibility, all-wheel drive, and the sound of that engine.

Cheers,
Tom
Hello Tom,

I do recall both of us back then looking into those.
I was leaning back then to the TTRS and you were looking more at the RS3.

And then we both ended up purchasing the new 2017 Golf R sedans and love them.
They are so awesome with everything a person would want and the power of the Golf R is certainly more than adequate.
And lets not overlook or forget to mention the Golf R transmission which is really killer in RACE mode !!!

Tom here is an actual picture of the 2019 Tango Red Metallic RS3 I built and ordered from my Audi-Build.

I just now added it as my Screen Saver.

Happy motoring guys,
Terry
Old 01-07-2019, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Terry,
I do remember those photos of you and Cathy checking out the TTRS.
The red RS3 you have ordered looks awesome.

Last night I watched a couple more videos of the RS3 from YouTube on my 85-inch TV and listened to the gorgeous sound of that high-tech 5-cylinder engine on my 7.2.4 sound system. All I can say is that Audi hit it out of the park with the RS3. I really love that huge digital display and its flexibility.

Cheers buddy,
Tom
Old 01-07-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR
Hi Terry,
I do remember those photos of you and Cathy checking out the TTRS.
The red RS3 you have ordered looks awesome.

Last night I watched a couple more videos of the RS3 from YouTube on my 85-inch TV and listened to the gorgeous sound of that high-tech 5-cylinder engine on my 7.2.4 sound system.
All I can say is that Audi hit it out of the park with the RS3.
I really love that huge digital display and its flexibility.

Cheers buddy,
Tom
Tom,

I also last evening went to You-tube and checked out some of the videos on the RS3 to refresh my memory.
And as you say seeing and listening to that Sport Exhaust as it goes up through the gears and then it down-shifting is KILLER.
There really is nothing what so ever that I don't like about it.
It actually Checks all my Wants & Desires in a Performance-Car.

Terry
Old 01-07-2019, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The TT RS just doesn't do it for me in terms of looks. On the other hand, the RS3 is drop dead gorgeous and has 4 doors.

The TT has really only two advantages outside of the subjective looks: it's 300 lbs. lighter and has a great interior that follows the R8's very closely.

Otherwise, it's $6k to $10k more depending on build. Just not worth it, imho.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Raidin
The TT RS just doesn't do it for me in terms of looks. On the other hand, the RS3 is drop dead gorgeous and has 4 doors.

The TT has really only two advantages outside of the subjective looks: it's 300 lbs. lighter and has a great interior that follows the R8's very closely.

Otherwise, it's $6k to $10k more depending on build. Just not worth it, imho.
Raidin,

I agree with you the TTRS to me is simply a heck of a lot more monies for a less useful machine.
And it is not all that much better in regards to performance between the two.

Terry

Old 01-07-2019, 04:32 PM

Default Speaking of the recently ordered 2019 RS3 and it's Delivery-Date ???

Guys,

I just now got off the phone from the G/M at Nashville Audi and he said basically the following to me.
(Keep in mind guys I worked with this guy at a different dealership years ago so he is not playing games)
Terry when I submitted your RS3 order the system came back with a Delivery Date of September-October 2019 and actual Build of August 2019.
I want to make sure you want to still do it ???
I said yes I'll wait as we happen to have a new VW Golf R as you know sitting in the garage.
He also said when he saw the above dates he then did a Nationwide search to see if another Audi Dealer had a better delivery date on a NON-Sold unit and the answer was no.
He said there are like 297 units Nation-Wide in the System and (All) have the same dates as above.
That's Sold units as well as Stock units.

Terry
Old 01-09-2019, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tigerhonaker; Congrats on your RS3 choice but very sorry to learn about the production schedule. The car is WORTH the wait! And perhaps Audi will resolve whatever issues are slowing the production down. I've had my RS3 since late June 2018. Came from a modified S3. Which I easily could have kept but really loved the RS3 more. After having done quite a bit of mod work on my S3, decided I did not wish to go that route with the RS3. Welllllll, I snuck in a Stage 1 tune from APR. Pretty sure it could give your former Hellcat a run for it's money. It's stupid fast now. But only when I want it to be. Can be very docile and civilized otherwise. That is what's special about this line of Audis. A great blend of practical and sporty. I went with the Nardo grey and black optics. Replaced the OEM blade wheels with black Oz Racing wheels. No other car in my area looks like this. But it's subdued. Can't say that for that Hellcat in your pictures! Damn, that's in your face yellow with Hellcat slathered on the sides. LOL. Bet it was fun however.

Again, congrats on your choice and good luck on getting into your car sooner than later.

Quick Reply: Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...