Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...

Old 03-05-2019, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ales,

I just finished placing my order for the RS3 rear headrests with Black Nappa Leather and Red Stitching.

Alex, I also would like to know if Audi has started production on the 2019 RS3.
As Terry stated, if you have any contacts inside Audi it would be great if you could inform us if production has started.
If it hasn't started maybe you could get an estimated start date.

Thanks in advance for trying,
Tom
Old 03-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 180 Posts

Tom- Thank you for your order. You should have a confirmation email from the site and me personally for your order.

I can check around with a few people to see if I can't get that info on production. If I do find out anything I will post up here for everyone to see.

Cheers,

Old 03-06-2019, 10:57 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Tom- Thank you for your order. You should have a confirmation email from the site and me personally for your order.

I can check around with a few people to see if I can't get that info on production. If I do find out anything I will post up here for everyone to see.

Cheers,
Alex,

We would all like to know if you do in-fact find any actually useful information out on Audi actually starting production of the 2019 RS3 cars ???

Thanks for checking,
Terry Honaker
Franklin, TN. USA
Old 03-06-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I finally got my hands on an RS3 to test drive at the local Aston Martin dealer. It was a 2018 w/ 10k miles, temps were cool around 30F so didn't go nuts, but got a good feel for the car. It's nimble and powerful, definitely enough power for my needs in a DD. There is that slight hesitation on throttle tip in that I felt on my C6 S6 as well. I drove mostly in comfort mode and in dynamic for a little bit, and didn't manually shift the gears, is this something that has been rectified with APR tunes?
Old 03-06-2019, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
So I finally got my hands on an RS3 to test drive at the local Aston Martin dealer. It was a 2018 w/ 10k miles, temps were cool around 30F so didn't go nuts, but got a good feel for the car. It's nimble and powerful, definitely enough power for my needs in a DD. There is that slight hesitation on throttle tip in that I felt on my C6 S6 as well. I drove mostly in comfort mode and in dynamic for a little bit, and didn't manually shift the gears, is this something that has been rectified with APR tunes?
I noticed that most of the time, throttle response is not immediate. It is a single turbo engine, so I tend to forgive it.

There are two ways that you can minimize this: drop gears yourself by tapping the paddle the appropriate number of times in rapid succession, then it feels instantaneous when you hit the throttle.

Or you can floor it past the "click" in the throttle pedal, which seems to sort of automatically act as if you're in Dynamic mode. I've noticed that in Comfort mode, I can do that and the car drops gears really quick and takes off as if I were launching it.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidin
I noticed that most of the time, throttle response is not immediate. It is a single turbo engine, so I tend to forgive it.

There are two ways that you can minimize this: drop gears yourself by tapping the paddle the appropriate number of times in rapid succession, then it feels instantaneous when you hit the throttle.

Or you can floor it past the "click" in the throttle pedal, which seems to sort of automatically act as if you're in Dynamic mode. I've noticed that in Comfort mode, I can do that and the car drops gears really quick and takes off as if I were launching it.
Gotcha. I figured more aggressive throttle and/or downshifting would help, but wasn't about to do that on a test drive in cold temps.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Raidin

Gotcha. I figured more aggressive throttle and/or downshifting would help, but wasn't about to do that on a test drive in cold temps.
Juggernaut & Raidin,

Thanks guys for the comments on driving the RS3.

If either of you or another RS3 owners on here have the VW Golf R ???

We have the Golf R that's my wife's car and you know from what you said in your post the Golf R in (Comfort) responds similar.
In the Golf R you simply touch the (Drive-Mode) button and switch to the Race Mode.
Then it stays in the lower gears longer, shifts harder, higher RPM shifts, etc.
Not really any (Noticeable) Turbo-Lag in that Race-Mode.

So, thanks to you guys posting how the RS3 behaves in (Comfort-Mode) comes really as no surprise at all makes perfect sense really.

In my case for the majority of my use I'll be using the (Dynamic-Mode) for the RS3 so more than likely I'll never have to be concerned over the slight pause, turbo-lag.

My thinking is being a car guy since the mid 60's is the following .............
Comfort-Mode on either the Golf R or the RS3 is exactly what it was designed for and that's really NON-Aggressive-Driving.
You want instant-pedal-response then simply put it in Sport and Dynamic-Mode and have at it.

This is going to be so FUN & interesting once these 2019 RS3 cars actually start getting in the hands of Reviewers & Us the owners !!!

Fun times coming,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-07-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Just wanted to add my ordering experience so far and what my dealer has recently told me. I put an order for my 2019 RS3 on Nov 18th of last year. It has still not been put into production week. I reached out to my dealer and he told me there are 52 RS3s in California that are still not in production and only 8 so far have been produced and are in transit. Their factory rep will reach out to me later this month and I'll hopefully get a better update. Keep up the good wait gentlemen! It will all be worth it.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by naudirs3
Hey all,

Just wanted to add my ordering experience so far and what my dealer has recently told me. I put an order for my 2019 RS3 on Nov 18th of last year. It has still not been put into production week. I reached out to my dealer and he told me there are 52 RS3s in California that are still not in production

and only 8 so far have been produced and are in transit.

Their factory rep will reach out to me later this month and I'll hopefully get a better update.
Keep up the good wait gentlemen! It will all be worth it.
naudirs3,

Well given that your Dealer is quoting you (FACTS) then someone or should I say multiple Dealers or Buyers are going to have those eight (8) RS3s.

Thanks for posting ..............

Terry
Old 03-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Just updating everyone, I finally got a production date. I was informed that movement is coming for all RS3s in the next coming weeks. Apparently they were retooling the factory which caused delays. So keep bugging your dealer, he might have something coming up in next few weeks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...