Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi A3 Reliability...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my A3 since Nov 2014, for 2+ years now and it's near 33,000 miles & edging close to my 35K service visit (Free with AudiCare). I say you're going to find some problems with any new car that first year. I had some issues with my A3 the first year, it was mainly electronic from the MMI radio malfunctioning to the keyfob getting itself locked in the car trunk (a technical feat that should not happen, but it did for me back in Jan '15)
But that was then, my A3 is quite able now and some of the best things I did to it like the emmanuel design VIM unlock device and the OBDeleven dongle have opened the doors to a lot of customization possibilities that you are only going to get with a VW/Audi branded car. I've unlocked locked features in my A3 that have me tremendous on the road.

OP if you get an A3. I recommend get the Premium Plus trim, a lot of features that are options on the Premium trim are standard on the Premium Plus. Make sure you get the MMI Navigation Plus (I know it looks pricey, but you don't want to go without it, plus now you get a full LED instrument cluster with that option).

Get AudiCare

Get an OBDeleven device and discover an affordable way of using VCDs to unlock your car's hidden features.

and enjoy.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome advice folks.
Thanks for that.

I am a newly-minted A3 owner.
Very happy about that!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billyjk
Awesome advice folks.
Thanks for that.

I am a newly-minted A3 owner.
Very happy about that!
Congrats on the new A3.

I've just hit 80k on my 2015 A3 Progressiv 2.0T and the only huge issue I had was the audio control module for the Audi MMI stopped working after about 8 months and I had to get it replaced under warranty. Also the windshield wiper fluid reservoir developed a leak and was also replaced under warranty on my last scheduled maintenance. Other than that, no regrets, love the car.