Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi Connect and AT&T 4G

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 100mb plan since June 27th and I have used 20 megs and 80% of data is left. I use Google overlay, online destinations, and weather very rarely

I drive several hundred miles a week. If you do not use many of the "apps", 100mb will be fine for most IMO
Old 07-14-2015, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

This may be news to some AT&T customers, but AT&T sets up "foundation accounts" with many organizations. A foundation account gets a discount based on the volume it is linked to. An AARP member can now get 10% off their AT&T charges, AARP just joined. Many alumni groups, university students/staff, affinity groups, major corporations, also have a "Foundation Account" and last I heard, the postal workers union got a whopping 20% off for that.

If you're using AT&T, it can pay to try chasing one down.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just curious what does it mean when "Data Roaming" is not enabled?

I'm using US Mobile so does that mean I'll still be on T mobile network anywhere I travel in the US if left unchecked?

Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I never did the data connection reset.

I did the MMI reboot (press Menu / Selector / Top Right Soft Key at same time for several seconds) after inserting the SIM and changing the settings.

All my Connect items are working.

Here are some images from my MMI so you can check your settings.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I thought I would post my experience - this is for AT&T customers....

When my 6 months expired, I decided that I would just add a line to my current AT&T plan for $10/month and share my plan data w/ the car.

If you bring in the IMEI from the car, and they try to add it to your account, IT WILL FAIL. Their system recognizes it as an Audi, and by their contract w/ Audi, you need to buy it through Audi. So we added the line as an Ipad2. I plugged in the SIM and it was up and running. However I only had 3G reception (it still worked fine). After going back to the AT&T store, we changed the device on the plan to an Ipad Air 2. I had 4g LTE working within 5 minutes.

To make the workaround, we needed to put in Ipad IMEIs. The store rep just used what was in the store as a demo. Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I used https://www.myaudiconnect.com/ to add it to my AT&T account. It was a piece of cake. I never had to enter the store or get a different SIM.

Originally Posted by easymacgyver
I thought I would post my experience - this is for AT&T customers....

When my 6 months expired, I decided that I would just add a line to my current AT&T plan for $10/month and share my plan data w/ the car.

If you bring in the IMEI from the car, and they try to add it to your account, IT WILL FAIL. Their system recognizes it as an Audi, and by their contract w/ Audi, you need to buy it through Audi. So we added the line as an Ipad2. I plugged in the SIM and it was up and running. However I only had 3G reception (it still worked fine). After going back to the AT&T store, we changed the device on the plan to an Ipad Air 2. I had 4g LTE working within 5 minutes.

To make the workaround, we needed to put in Ipad IMEIs. The store rep just used what was in the store as a demo. Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mainly use Audi connect for or the data plan?

Besides google earth view.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by f_399
What do you mainly use Audi connect for or the data plan?

Besides google earth view.
We use it primarily for the wifi hotspot and the google earth view.

The hotspot is nice because it allow the wife and grandkids access to the internet for devices which don't have their own direct cellular data access. It also comes in hand when in a spotty signal area, often the car has data access but devices inside don't. That's basically the beauty of an external antenna!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have Tmobile, the same as the car and somehow my iphone 6 gets better signal every time. The one on the car may not be accurate.

Hotspot comes with my phones data plan as well, LTE(when available) at that.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

F 399, What year is your A3? All of the 2015 and later cars are AT&T, not T-Mobile. At least in the USA.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 19hole
F 399, What year is your A3? All of the 2015 and later cars are AT&T, not T-Mobile. At least in the USA.
Oh sorry I have a 2015 Allroad.

Was just commenting on MMI and Audi Connect in general

Was it only the new A3 that got 4G and AT&T in the Audi lineup?

Quick Reply: Audi Connect and AT&T 4G