Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi Tuning in general (Warranty and emissions)

Old 03-14-2016, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Tuning in general (Warranty and emissions)

Hi all

So I'm new to the forum and new to the US. But old when it comes to tuning.. Just bought my first Audi, and enjoying every moment.. Got my self an Audi S3 Sepang Blue with all the bells and whistles.. (Amazing car!!)

So i'm a speed junkie like most of you here. I enjoy the G's when pulling away and cornering.. all in good measure and responsibility.

So my questions are around tuning you vehicle in regards to warranty and omissions thats goes with it.

So when you tune your vehicle, hardware related, like a boost pipe or an aftermarket air filter with a catted downpipe. Is it frowned upon by the dealers ? What are their general feeling towards this ? Will they flag you car immediately when going for a general 5000 mile etc.. service ? (Not talking warranty claim, yet)

Now with warranty claim, lets say you need to do a warranty claim, as the guy that assembled your specific part int the plant had a fight with his GF over the phone didn't give a ****** what he was doing and assembled that part like his .... (Long story, you get the idea) . Do i need to replace all stock parts before going for the warranty claim ?

Also I was made aware when servicing my vehicle I can take it to any service station, and does not need to be an Audi dealer ship.. but I have Audicare, does this cover other services at 3rd party vendors or do I need to stick to Audi for this to take affect ?

When I do install a catted downpipe, do I have to worry about emissions rating and will I still be in the required limitations set for my state ?

These are very broad questions but will give a good idea on what to expect.

Thank you all in advance.