Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Bad Friday for my RS3......GRAPHIC

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATED!!!!!!!Bad Friday for my RS3......GRAPHIC

UPDATED!!!!!!!!!! SEE LATEST POST!

Minding my own business while taking my son to his JV soccer game, when outta the blue, two cars collide and one bounced in our direction while waiting at a stop light.

Lost all oil immediately and car started surging. I shut it down as soon as I noticed the low oil light start flashing. I'm sick about it. Only 4k miles on it.

Last edited by NoogMan; 05-04-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That’s awful, plenty of dumbasses out there!
Old 03-11-2018, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoogMan
Minding my own business while taking my son to his JV soccer game, when outta the blue, two cars collide and one bounced in our direction while waiting at a stop light.

Lost all oil immediately and car started surging. I shut it down as soon as I noticed the low oil light start flashing. I'm sick about it. Only 4k miles on it.

oh wow! That sucks! Man, well I take it you or your son didn't get hurt so that's the good part of it. Thank God for insurance. Regardless, who whats to go through the hassle. Sorry it happened to you but glad you're able to walk away unharmed physically.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oooh man that hurts me to see sorry man! Everyone's worst nightmare. Will it be totaled or no?
Old 03-11-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Noogman; So very sorry. I would be sick as well. **** happens way too often these days. Hope you find a good outcome sir.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by semmes12
Oooh man that hurts me to see sorry man! Everyone's worst nightmare. Will it be totaled or no?
Just happened Friday, so I'll find out more this week. The thing that worries me is the fact that it lost all the oil very quickly and before I realized it, the car was starting to shake and surge. I looked up to see the oil warning light and killed the ignition. I don't think the cosmetic portion is so bad, it's the engine, intercooler, and all the other plumbing. The car only has 4k miles on it.....I won't accept a messed up engine......that's a 26k problem.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just happened Friday, so I'll find out more this week. The thing that worries me is the fact that it lost all the oil very quickly and before I realized it, the car was starting to shake and surge. I looked up to see the oil warning light and killed the ignition. I don't think the cosmetic portion is so bad, it's the engine, intercooler, and all the other plumbing. The car only has 4k miles on it.....I won't accept a messed up engine......that's a 26k problem.
Really sorry to see this but glad you and your son are OK. Obviously the key will be finding the "right" person(s) to fix it properly and on the first try. My 911 got $10K+ dollars worth of repairs three months in when a lady turned right in front of me. However, over the objections of the other insurance company I found THE place to fix it and fix it they did. I kept the car for another 13 years with no problems! Now my truck, on the other hand, had to be fixed 3 times, and I still wasn't completely satisfied so I wound up selling it. I sincerely pray that your story will be like my 911 one.

I only have 3,400 miles on mine and have had a few near misses myself already (which is why I have a dash cam mounted in the car at all times). The people around here don't seem to grasp the concept of 50%. As in, you get HALF of the road, and I get HALF. They tend to cross the center line more here than any other place I've ever lived. It's quite annoying, especially in a blind curve. Everyone stay safe.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch. I feel for you. At least you're safe and it's only a thing. A pretty darn cool thing, but still just a thing.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very happy to hear everyone is alright after all that carnage.

The shake and surge could have been from the intercooler being damaged and opened up a vacuum leak. The oil loss is definitely a concern. I don't know what kind of "guarantee" you'll be able to get once all the work to fix the car is done but I would push hard for the other party's insurance to spring for an extended warranty. Or you could push for a higher amount on "diminished value" because of the the unknown wear on an engine that lost all oil.

I'd be interested to see what all got damaged if you can get pics when they do a tear down to assess it.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can see that the flatbed driver even looks sympathetic... so sorry man.

Quick Reply: Bad Friday for my RS3......GRAPHIC