Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car and the exact color that I would order if I were going to purchase an RS-3. Having seen one in the Daytona Grey with the Black Optics package I believe I would opt for it but that is just my preference. I can't wait to hear about your adventures with your RS-3 going forward. Enjoy it!
Old 11-12-2017, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

OP, looks like Audi Hunt Valley - great dealer. That’s where I just picked up my S3.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gottas3
OP, looks like Audi Hunt Valley - great dealer. That’s where I just picked up my S3.
Yup, went through Nicholas C.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Half way there
BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-686rbxd.jpg
Old 11-16-2017, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm at around 750 miles so far and a couple things I've noticed:

1. I still haven't given it full throttle, but have started going a little above 5k rpms. Wow, this car is a freaking animal! The exhaust is starting to open up quite a bit more and I'm getting more pops and crackles on shifts now and it's sounding really fantastic. I'm assuming this has something to do with the catalytic converters opening up a little now that they are getting more pressurized exhaust gasses forced through them.

2. I have a noise coming from the front right brake. There is a continuous rotational rubbing noise you can hear when driving that goes away when you apply brakes. Gonna take it in after I hit 1k miles to figure out what is going on.

3. I have a vibrating noise in the rear deck from the subwoofer. I'll get this addressed when I take the car in for the brake noise.

4. WTF does this symbol mean?

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-qlhqceb.jpg
Old 11-16-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltimoreCaesar
I'm at around 750 miles so far and a couple things I've noticed:

1. I still haven't given it full throttle, but have started going a little above 5k rpms. Wow, this car is a freaking animal! The exhaust is starting to open up quite a bit more and I'm getting more pops and crackles on shifts now and it's sounding really fantastic. I'm assuming this has something to do with the catalytic converters opening up a little now that they are getting more pressurized exhaust gasses forced through them.

2. I have a noise coming from the front right brake. There is a continuous rotational rubbing noise you can hear when driving that goes away when you apply brakes. Gonna take it in after I hit 1k miles to figure out what is going on.

3. I have a vibrating noise in the rear deck from the subwoofer. I'll get this addressed when I take the car in for the brake noise.

4. WTF does this symbol mean?

1) Good I was hoping that the exhaust would open up more as it broke it.
2) Not sure but having them look at it sounds like a good idea and I'll be anxious to hear what you learn.
3) This sounds like a loose screw or something that just needs tightening. I hope that's all it is but let us know.
4) Usually I think of an informational item but you didn't provide any context so I'm not sure what I'm looking at exactly.

Glad you're enjoying your ride!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

my production completed at a very similar date to yours (10/02/2017) and ship departure (10/18/2017) but still waiting for mine unfortunately . this delay might also be because I'm located in vancouver haha.

anyways, hope you're enjoying the car! looking forward to hearing updates once you pass the break-in period.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by russbert
...4) Usually I think of an informational item but you didn't provide any context so I'm not sure what I'm looking at exactly. ...
That is a close-up of hte cup holders, and from further research, it appears that it wants you to reference the owners manual section on cup holders where it mentions that you should only use cups with lids because liquid spilled out may damage upholstery and/or electronics.

Originally Posted by sc604
my production completed at a very similar date to yours (10/02/2017) and ship departure (10/18/2017) but still waiting for mine unfortunately . this delay might also be because I'm located in vancouver haha.

anyways, hope you're enjoying the car! looking forward to hearing updates once you pass the break-in period.
Thanks, hope you get yours soon. It's worth the wait!
Old 11-17-2017, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltimoreCaesar
That is a close-up of hte cup holders, and from further research, it appears that it wants you to reference the owners manual section on cup holders where it mentions that you should only use cups with lids because liquid spilled out may damage upholstery and/or electronics.
LOL. Thank goodness we have manuals that explain this stuff to us. It is a rather annoying marking to have on the cup holders.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had two glitches with the MMI system so far. Friday night, the MMI just froze and wouldn't respond to anything. I had to shut off the car get out and lock the doors for it to reset. Then this morning I turned the car off, and when I went to get out of the vehicle, the radio never turned off. When I came back to the car ~2 minutes later and opened the door, the radio was still on like it was on accessory mode. I started the vehicle, and the it seemed to reset and started functionuing normally. The song that was playing off of my USB thumb stick has a symbol with a line through it, so it may be possible that my USB device is just on it's way out the door and that is what caused my two problems, as it was playing off hte USB drive both times the MMI froze. On the bright side, I have 950 miles on the car, so I should be experiencing my first full throttle acceleration and launch control in the next couple days

Quick Reply: BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)