Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Bang & Oulfsen crackling / static issue + questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far Palisades Audi in Nyack NY has had my car for four days total for the crackle issue it will be 5 tomorrow! I showed the tech what the issue was, he had to send out a video for warranty approval which took all day and no answer no call back I had to call them
and say what's the deal?
I showed the "tech" if you smack the DVD card reader unit in the glove box it makes the crackle happen and or stops it so it most likely just needs the unit swapped out which is pull it out and put another in, very easy two minutes your done at least just to test it.
five days and counting, ridiculous! They gave me a loaner which is nice but it had no gas in it...

Old 11-18-2018, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update, Audi aprooved new head unit but snow storm here in NY delayed shipping, sol driving a A5
loaner... missng my car... they have had it for a week, I’m hoping this does fix the issue after all this time and great they are
trying to fix it under warranty as my warranty dies next month. I will post again when I get the
car back. The A5 has Sirius radio and BO stereo, man Sirius sounds like crap! Maybe ok for talk radio
but music... blah.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Fixed under warranty:)

I got my car back yesterday from Paisades Audi after almost two weeks. They got the new 5F unit (media player head unit Controler) as they call it but they could not code it, then they got a second one and still had issues coding it... but I got the call yesterday that it was done. And YES they did infact fix the issue! My warranty dies tomorrow and seeing I am the third owner of the car it’s pretty impressive that they kept their word and fixed the problem. All together I got a new battery, thermostat install, and new 5F media player head unit and housing all free covered by the warranty. The dealership was bought by another auto group in the middle of all this so I feel lucky my service gal stuck with me and got this done. Pretty cool! Next up is stage 1+ post warranty