Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Carista

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also for the convertible:

The control button needs normally to be raised to lower the top and lowered to raise the top. While something we can get used to, it is certainly not something that is intuitive. It is the opposite of every other convertible I have owned. The way the windows are is a pain also. They should move down when the top is lowered and up with the top is raised. Also control button needs to be held in position for full motion of raising or lowering and is not a one touch. All are desirable as yes no options.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Question - what does the "refuel quantity" tweak introduced in 3.3 refer to? My car already displays the range (in miles) before refuel - is it something more?
Old 12-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by justinmj
Hi,

I've got Carista v3.3 on iPhone, and your hardware adapter, and I get many fewer of these customization options on my 2017 S3 than what you have listed here. For example, I have no option to select the sunroof action on long press of lock or unlock. Nor any daytime running light options. Nor any item regarding Lane-Change flasher count. And other missing items. Any ideas?
That's strange. Please go into CUSTOMIZE, then when it's done loading, open the slide-out menu from the left and use "Report a problem" to send us a technical report and we'll investigate. Thanks!

Originally Posted by BobMar46
Also for the convertible:

The control button needs normally to be raised to lower the top and lowered to raise the top. While something we can get used to, it is certainly not something that is intuitive. It is the opposite of every other convertible I have owned. The way the windows are is a pain also. They should move down when the top is lowered and up with the top is raised. Also control button needs to be held in position for full motion of raising or lowering and is not a one touch. All are desirable as yes no options.
I don't think the direction of the buttons would be configurable, but whether or not the windows open with the top may be. We'll have to look into that. Can you please send us debug data from your car? We don't have much data from convertibles. For instructions, see the last FAQ here: Help ? Carista
Thanks!

Originally Posted by link1305
Quick Question - what does the "refuel quantity" tweak introduced in 3.3 refer to? My car already displays the range (in miles) before refuel - is it something more?
No, it's an additional display that comes up in the vehicle data that shows you how much fuel you put in last time you refueled.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by justinmj
I've got Carista v3.3 on iPhone, and your hardware adapter, and I get many fewer of these customization options on my 2017 S3 than what you have listed here. For example, I have no option to select the sunroof action on long press of lock or unlock. Nor any daytime running light options. Nor any item regarding Lane-Change flasher count. And other missing items. Any ideas?
Came here to say basically same the same thing. The list of options I get (2017 A3 and S3 here) are less than the ones Carista shows. I did see that there was a request to submit a bug report, so I'll do the same once I give it another try.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by carman63
Came here to say basically same the same thing. The list of options I get (2017 A3 and S3 here) are less than the ones Carista shows. I did see that there was a request to submit a bug report, so I'll do the same once I give it another try.
Sounds good, thanks. We'll take a look when you submit the report.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Carista
Sounds good, thanks. We'll take a look when you submit the report.
Sent photos to the 'support' email address as well. Those show you exactly what I see.
-Jim
Old 01-03-2017, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be great if you made available the option to disable "brake disc drying" that activates at low speeds when the car has been sitting. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've sent a debug report, as well as an email to support with screen shots of my app. Aside from the issues I'm having regarding many coding options simply being absent from my menus, I have another issue. Now, regardless of settings, the nice beep that used to be there when I locked the doors w/ the key fob or the door handle button is now gone. Bummer.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Please let us know when Carista has resolved your issues since I was interested in purchasing for my 2016 A3, but now I'm a bit weary.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by metelc
Please let us know when Carista has resolved your issues since I was interested in purchasing for my 2016 A3, but now I'm a bit weary.
I'm in the same boat...was about to pull the trigger but have paused until some of these items are resolved.

Quick Reply: Carista