Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Carista

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just uodated to Beta program and so many options added, highly recommended!!! I have few questions:

1) enabling TPMS makes the light flash constantly, any ways to reset it? I have a Canadian version, not even sure I have the right sensors.
2) Does anyone have the descriptions for the LCD and informative system welcome pages ? There are different types with no pictures!
3) I enabled the high beem assist and set it to dynamic light, set the minimum speed to 0 and max to 200, then I started to drive and use high beams, car approached from opposite lane but the high beam didn't go off, suggestions to make it work? (I have the LED package + driving assistant package)
4) As for the fuel level, where can I see it?
5) NA S3s are missing the rear door handle sensors, and I think thats why the option for unlock/lock from rear doors get rejected, am I right?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Not sure, you probably need the sensors. I think the setting was intended for people who do have the system to turn it off, not the other way around.
2) We have a list for the A3, but not the S3. Can you please try them all and write down what each value actually shows on the screen in terms of the bootup logo? That would be very helpful for us, thanks.
3) Did you also try enabling the setting that adds an MMI menu item on that? It may be necessary to enable that as well. We're still in the very early stages of experimentation with the HBA (high beam assist), so we don't have much info. We're hoping you guys can play with various configurations and see what works.
4) Are you referring to the "refuel quantity"? It would show up in the display inside the instrument cluster as one of the driving data screens.
5) Most likely, yes. Do the customizations on the front ones work fine? Also, please try changing the rear ones again and after it fails, open the slide-out menu in Carista and use "Report a problem", so we can check the technical details of what's going on.

Thanks very much for your help with beta-testing!
Old 02-01-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Reference item 1 ...Canadian S3 vehicles come standard with no TPMS sensors or system, you must option it. Tire pressure monitoring systems are not required by law in Canada for new vehicles, unlike some other countries.
Also the VW/Audi system does not use tire pressure it is wheel rotational circumference difference.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 02-01-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Fault code

After using some of the customization via Carista, I now get a fault that I didn't have previously.

Instrument Cluster
Fault codes:
16777022 Manufacturer-specific code

Any idea was caused this or how to resolve?
Old 02-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by metelc
After using some of the customization via Carista, I now get a fault that I didn't have previously.

Instrument Cluster
Fault codes:
16777022 Manufacturer-specific code

Any idea was caused this or how to resolve?
This code apparently means "Function restricted due to interrupted communication". I'm guessing that it could happen if the instrument cluster is in diagnostic mode (i.e. while you're using Carista) and you try to do something else, e.g. have the engine running or something of that sort. Feel free to reset this and see if it comes back.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My research showed the same thing. However either the "RESET ALL" is not working, I'm doing something incorrectly, or the fault code returns immediately.

My steps:
1. Turn ignition on (no engine, radio plays)
2. Run 'DIAGNOSE'
3. See 2 Faults detected (One was there originally, that another thing I need to figure out )
4. Run 'RESET ALL'
5. Receive pop up stating, "Fault Codes have been reset."
6. Run 'DIAGNOSE'
7. See 2 Faults detected

I also tried turning the engine on and driving the car, between step 5 & 6, but nothing appeared to change.