Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Movie Review, 3 thumbs down; Transporter - Refueled

Old 09-05-2015, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Movie Review, 3 thumbs down; Transporter - Refueled

Saw it tonight. Was not expecting much. They did not disappoint except that I should have expected less. OMG was this a bad movie. Audi S8, several of them, saved the day. Amazing the amount of rear wheel spin on those things however. LOL. And the car didn't even have Bluetooth. He as constantly holding his cell phone. Pretty much product placement vehicle for Audi, Gray Goose Vodka and a few other brands.

There were simply too many unbelievable things going on. Like a woman gets shot in the abdomen, barely survives a MacGyver-like surgery (cobwebs, vodka and sugar) and is having sex a few hours later. It's honestly like the writers quit 1/3 of the way into the script.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. You've been warned.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol, those type injuries in movies where the person miraculously recovers annoys me too.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I had back fusion surgery in early June and I'm still recovering. Ha.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I had back fusion surgery in early June and I'm still recovering. Ha.
If only your surgeon had included vodka in the mix, in a only few hours you too could be having.........
Old 09-06-2015, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Saw it tonight. Was not expecting much. They did not disappoint except that I should have expected less. OMG was this a bad movie. Audi S8, several of them, saved the day. Amazing the amount of rear wheel spin on those things however. LOL. And the car didn't even have Bluetooth. He as constantly holding his cell phone. Pretty much product placement vehicle for Audi, Gray Goose Vodka and a few other brands.

There were simply too many unbelievable things going on. Like a woman gets shot in the abdomen, barely survives a MacGyver-like surgery (cobwebs, vodka and sugar) and is having sex a few hours later. It's honestly like the writers quit 1/3 of the way into the script.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. You've been warned.
Hey Fix, I really respect your service and your posts, so don't take this personally...

Unrealistic things in a Transporter sequel?... well... duh.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AMDG75
If only your surgeon had included vodka in the mix, in a only few hours you too could be having.........
a Screwdriver?
Old 09-08-2015, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic
Hey Fix, I really respect your service and your posts, so don't take this personally...

Unrealistic things in a Transporter sequel?... well... duh.
You have me there......LOL....... With car influenced movies one always expects 'unrealistic' things. But I would hope they tend to be related to the car footage only. When you get gut shot, almost bleed to death, get treated in a dirty warehouse and are doing the nasty 6 hours later, THAT is even beyond ludicrous. The previous Transporters didn't seem to stretch things so far. But you're right, I should have known better going into this.

Now the Expendables 3.......that was a movie!
Old 09-10-2015, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
You have me there......LOL....... With car influenced movies one always expects 'unrealistic' things. But I would hope they tend to be related to the car footage only. When you get gut shot, almost bleed to death, get treated in a dirty warehouse and are doing the nasty 6 hours later, THAT is even beyond ludicrous. The previous Transporters didn't seem to stretch things so far. But you're right, I should have known better going into this.

Now the Expendables 3.......that was a movie!
The problem is that Ronin is out there, arguably, the perfect VFX-free car chase.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic
The problem is that Ronin is out there, arguably, the perfect VFX-free car chase.
I totally agree with you. Very good movie in its own right but the car chase was tremendous. John Frankenheimer movie I believe. His movie, Grand Prix, with James Garner is one of my absolute favorite movies ever. I'm a huge F1 fan and the F1 cars of the early sixties really make my heart race. Sadly, I've been very disappointed with F1 the past 2 years and refuse to even watch the races on TV. Think I'll rewatch Ronin in the near future. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yep, Frankenheimer, thanks for the suggestion, I'll watch Grand Prix asap.

Ronin is fantastic, DeNiro at his best too... "Ever kill anyone? " DeNiro, "I hurt someone's feeling once." So good.

I'll let you know how I like GP... James Garner is great as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Movie Review, 3 thumbs down; Transporter - Refueled